Crowded House

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Satullo

Unless I missed something, I'm surprised that no one has favorably commented on this DVD-A here. I'm listening to it for the first time, and it's easily one of the better ones. The bass extension is tremendous, as well as the surround mix (yes, this one has a surround mix).

I'd only heard this band casually in the past, and didn't realize how good they were.

Nick

I had commented on this one lightly in the context of the recent batch of EMI popular releases all being excellent, and this one is no exception. It is certainly a top-notch production!

Big fan of the band (even liked Split Enz) but I really didn't like the mix nor the sonic quality. I like my dvd-a's very descrete but besides the leading vocal in the center channel it had more of a front vs rear sound. Plus the sonic quality while not bad, it's not one of the best. I was really looking forward to this recording & I maybe I expected too much (you know a mix between Hotel California & Night at The Opera)!

Back