David Elias Albums in Multichannel + Stereo DSD on Sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Singer and guitarist David Elias released two excellent albums on Hybrid Multichannel SACD discs in 2003 (The Window) and 2005 (Crossing) on the Sketti Sandwich record label. They received rave reviews and are cited by many as some of the best DSD recordings of Acoustic Guitar and Vocals available. Alas, both SACDs are long out of print - and buying an SACD copy now will cost $68 to $195 each on sites like Amazon.com and eBay.

The good news is you can buy both of these excellent albums in Stereo and Multichannel DSD for a fraction of that amount. In fact, each album goes for only $23.14 on Native DSD with their "COMBI deal" which provides both the Stereo and Multichannel DSD editions of the album together for a special price.

Some of David Elias' later albums are also available on Native DSD, Super HiRez and other music download sites in Stereo DSD. They are worth a listen as well.

David Elias - Bargain - Two Covers - 600w.jpg

The Window & Crossing in Multichannel and Stereo DSD for $23.12 Each
https://skettisandwich.nativedsd.com/albums/the-window
https://skettisandwich.nativedsd.com/albums/crossing

I have his free sample downloads that are on the OPPO Digital Website. The DSD files sound really good. I like his music some but his voice is an acquired taste. If he'd only get someone else to sing his songs...LOL!

I have his free sample downloads that are on the OPPO Digital Website. The DSD files sound really good. I like his music some but his voice is an acquired taste. If he'd only get someone else to sing his songs...LOL!

Everyone has their musical preferences. I've been to David Elias Concerts, so I'd encourage him to keep singing them! :)

Everyone has their musical preferences. I've been to David Elias Concerts, so I'd encourage him to keep singing them! :)

I love the way he sounds as well, along with his music. I've had my eye on these for a couple weeks now....probably go ahead with the DSD. Great price for some great music.

I can't get that website to function even using Chrome. What's the trick?

If I wanted Crossing in 128 combo, what would be the cost?

update: Oh I get it now. You can't select 128 even though it is shown. Weird design.

looks like around $23 for the 64 combo.

Anyone have a coupon code?

update: Oh I get it now. You can't select 128 even though it is shown. Weird design.

yeah, it's a little disfunctional the way it's set up, once you get used to it, it's pretty easy.

Singer and guitarist David Elias released two excellent albums on Hybrid Multichannel SACD discs in 2003 (The Window) and 2005 (Crossing) on the Sketti Sandwich record label. They received rave reviews and are cited by many as some of the best DSD recordings of Acoustic Guitar and Vocals available. Alas, both SACDs are long out of print - and buying an SACD copy now will cost $68 to $195 each on sites like Amazon.com and eBay.

The good news is you can buy both of these excellent albums in Stereo and Multichannel DSD for a fraction of that amount. In fact, each album goes for only $23.14 on Native DSD with their "COMBI deal" which provides both the Stereo and Multichannel DSD editions of the album together for a special price.

Some of David Elias' later albums are also available on Native DSD, Super HiRez and other music download sites in Stereo DSD. They are worth a listen as well.

View attachment 19450

The Window & Crossing in Multichannel and Stereo DSD for $23.12 Each
https://skettisandwich.nativedsd.com/albums/the-window
https://skettisandwich.nativedsd.com/albums/crossing

A little off topic, but anyone else think in the picture above left, he looks like a younger Pete Townsend?

No, he looks more like the guy holding the cardboard sign at the parking lot exit and / or freeway off-ramp.

Btw, here is David Elias' head with a correct 'aspect ratio' on the cardboard case of The Window SACD :sun :

DE-W.jpg

An excellent album from an excellent man :banana: . Highly recommended (y) . Aloha!

I love the way he sounds as well, along with his music. I've had my eye on these for a couple weeks now....probably go ahead with the DSD. Great price for some great music.

The David Elias music is just excellent in Multichannel SACD and DSD. The $23 price is hard to beat - especially now that the Multichannel SACDs are out of print.
A deal to be sure. And that's the regular price on these albums on Native DSD, so no worries about getting them right away or with a sales code! :)

No, he looks more like the guy holding the cardboard sign at the parking lot exit and / or freeway off-ramp.

My favorite internet comment on the album cover of "The Window" was the one where they said "He must be smoking some really good stuff!" :)

Anyone have a coupon code?

No, $23 is the everyday Stereo + Multichannel DSD price using their "COMBI" (combination) deal.

By the way, almost all of the Multichannel DSD albums on Native DSD now include the COMBI deal option.
So be sure to select COMBI when on that site so you can save $.

In terms of sales, this week Native DSD has 21 of the 22 new DSD albums on sale (all but the exclusive Eudora one). The code for the 21 on sale is "DSD4You", valid through Friday, European time.
See their newsletter at http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=cf5553a9f6c3f7cab8b3a61c4&id=d30ca1ba50 for the list of the new, sale DSD releases.
(I'd suggest getting on their newsletter list so you automatically get their weekend newsletter - usually out Friday or Saturday - with 5 to 10 new DSD releases each week, sometimes more. 80% of which are also in Multichannel DSD!)

No, $23 is the everyday Stereo + Multichannel DSD price using their "COMBI" (combination) deal.

By the way, almost all of the Multichannel DSD albums on Native DSD now include the COMBI deal option.
So be sure to select COMBI when on that site so you can save $.

In terms of sales, this week Native DSD has 21 of the 22 new DSD albums on sale (all but the exclusive Eudora one). The code for the 21 on sale is "DSD4You", valid through Friday, European time.
See their newsletter at http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=cf5553a9f6c3f7cab8b3a61c4&id=d30ca1ba50 for the list of the new, sale DSD releases.
(I'd suggest getting on their newsletter list so you automatically get their weekend newsletter - usually out Friday or Saturday - with 5 to 10 new DSD releases each week, sometimes more. 80% of which are also in Multichannel DSD!)

I need to take the time tonight to get a couple of these releases in combi.

David Elias' excellent album "Crossing" is on sale this week (until November 30, 2018) at 20% Off.

Best bet is to buy the album using the "ST+MCH" option. Then you get the Stereo DSD and Surround Sound DSD editions of the album for $17.73. A deal since new Surround Sound SACD copies of Crossing sell on CD Baby for $54.95!
Use Album of the Week code AOTW to enjoy the savings.

Crossing - Cover - 450.jpg

Album of the Week
25% OFF with offer code AOTW – Fine Guitar Music in DSD!

David Elias: Crossing
Since we’re focusing on fine guitar music and vocals in DSD today, what better way to continue that with 25% Off the album “Crossing” by David Elias. Elias composes and sings 12 tracks that were recorded direct to DSD using the Sonoma DSD Workstation with Meitner EMM Labs DSD converters.

Elias tells us “"Crossing" was a concept that evolved from its predecessor project "The Window" (2003) by extending the use of minimal tracks (8) and mics to capture the ambient characteristics and nuances of live studio performance sessions created by an acoustic band consisting of guitar, mandolin, dobro, upright bass, and drums.”

This album – and its predecessor The Window – first appeared as Surround Sound SACDs but sadly are now out of print as SACDs. Copies that are still sealed sell for over $50 and more online. But we have Crossing in DSD Stereo and Surround Sound at a much more affordable price. And now a 25% Off price on top of that. This is an album – and sale – not to be missed. An essential addition to your DSD collection.

“From the first note, it's apparent that this is an extraordinary recording. This is intelligent and melodic pop folk-rock, and Elias's singing is honest and tuneful."
-- Kal Rubinson, Stereophile

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/SSP1661D64-crossing

Back