• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Debating trading my spare Pioneer QX4000 for a 2-channel receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChopperCharles

I have a nice QX4000. It's been mostly de-oxited (the tape monitor switch is still a little scratchy), and it works well. All four channels pump out good volume, no distortion that I can hear. FM tuner is extremely strong, I can pull in anything with this unit.

The matrix decoding works, and the separation is good. No major quirks. But realize this is an old tuner, with all original caps. That being said, I guarantee it's better than anything you'll find on eBay. I should know, I bought two of these on eBay to try and fix the one QX4000 I had. Neither of the eBay purchases worked 100% (One had a bad amplifier board, the other a bad tuner board). Between the three units I was able to repair two -- my original QX4000, which I'm keeping, and this unit which is up for trade right now.

The reason I'm getting rid of it is this: My original QX4000 was my dad's. I inherited it. Now that it's fixed and working, It is what I'm using for quad. This second QX is being used in 2-channel mode in my bedroom. I'd rather a quad-minded person have this (and I don't want to risk mixing them up as time passes and memory fades). So, I'm looking to trade it for a nice 2-channel amp that will look good on my dresser. Perferably Pioneer, but honestly as long as it looks cool and sounds good I'm interested.

Located near Raleigh, NC.

Charles.

Back