HiRez Poll Derringer, Rick - ALL AMERICAN BOY & SPRING FEVER [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Rick Derringer - ALL AMERICAN BOY & SPRING FEVER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
I have loved AAB in stereo since it was released and have to agree with the compression aspect. I never thought that lyrically it was any worse than anything else at the time? I'm not sure how far we should backtrack in relation to what may be acceptable today. I find a lot of more recent misogynistic lyrics deplorable but few seem to bat an eyelid? It wasn't too long before this Ringo was singing You're 16 and he and his mates years before started a song with She Was Just 17. Although the individual aspects of the recording sound spectacularly clear to me, the whole always lacked a bit of punch. Bought the DV issue when it first came out but for one reason or another its still in cellophane or whatever it is.
Haha. I watched a movie last night, on TCM, where a 17 year old Debbie Reynolds married a 35 year old dude at the end.

So where is the poll for the SQ LP? It was always one of my favourites! I notice that only the Canadian version is listed on Discogs. Was there no US version? Someone must have a copy and can add it to the database.

Back