Do y'all think this is real 5.1? Bijoy Thangaraj - "Friday Night"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazaam

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I came across it by accident over at Amazon and I do kinda think this is a real DTS CD (unless it's really a DVD?) since Amazon also seems to sell a regular CD version?. Supposedly released in March 2008??? Looks like it might be some kind of independent release. But only one song? I couldn't find hardly anything about "Friday Night' anywhere on the 'net. Though, I get the impression from his MySpace page that it's perhaps Christian music and/or ambient instrumental music that may or may not sound like a cross between Kenny G. and ABBA. I'm not really sure.

Anyway... I think it's cool if independent artists still want to mess around with 5.1 once in a while, even if the major labels rarely do it anymore.

Here's the Amazon page
Here's his MySpace page

I bought this title and it is real 5.1. It is an odd duck, that's for sure. It is an independent DTS single. It's the only DTS single I've ever seen. It's been a while since I listened to it and I remember it being okay. Nothing to get excited about. I'll have to give it another spin to refresh my memory.

Back