Do you know why...?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
...the record companies put only two programs on quadraphonic carts instead of four?:)
If yes, please give some clue to this "8 track collector":

http://cgi.ebay.com/QUAD-8-TRACK-Si...980QQihZ001QQcategoryZ618QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"Here is Simon and Garfunkel's masterpiece "Bridge Over Troubled Water" on quadraphonic 8-track. It is on Columbia Records from 1972 (initially, the album was released in 1970), and is number CAQ 30995. It is in VG+ to excellent condition! Also, please note that instead of putting four tracks or programs on here, they put two ... probably to keep the integrity of the LP and not have breaks in the middle of songs. This is very rare, indeed!"

:D :D :D

I would say the cd_4 is more better than a old Q-8

Each format has it's fault. I prefer Q8 cuz they're portable ;) and have the best seperation. I can handle a little hiss. What I don't like is poor seperation, crackle and wierd artifacts that CD-4 can make.... SQ is also pretty low on my list. :cool:

To each their own eh? It's kinda neat how diverse "Quaddies" are.

I sent him a message three days ago. Obviously he wasn't trying to misled, he was just confused. 99.9% of the people don't know what Quad 8 track is now and close to that amount didn't know what it was when it was current format. This was good for a laugh though. I always appreciate someone pointing out a mistake I make in listing an item.

Chris

As the name states, an 8-track cartridge has 8 tracks of information to choose from on a continuous loop of tape. A stereo 8-track plays two tracks at a time, resulting in four programs (2x4=8). A quadraphonic 8-track plays 4 tracks at a time, which divides the 8-track into two programs (4x2=8). The head moves into position to play the different programs.

Gee, they shoulda come out with a mono 8-track tape deck with eight mono programs! Actually, didn't some muzak systems utilize such a format?

As the name states, an 8-track cartridge has 8 tracks of information to choose from on a continuous loop of tape. A stereo 8-track plays two tracks at a time, resulting in four programs (2x4=8). A quadraphonic 8-track plays 4 tracks at a time, which divides the 8-track into two programs (4x2=8). The head moves into position to play the different programs.

I always hated math! Now my head is spinning. Now I suppose you are going to tell me there are 16 track tapes. :D Mike.

Back