Drums 3 lp set quad ebay is this one for the forum to save?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundhousequad

400 Club - QQ All-Star
its a 3 lp set on abc ABC-Impulse Label, # ASH 9272-3,in reall good shape I can't find it listed any ware the bidder does not know about this forum and is in japan if it gets there its gone.
Dead Wax #: ASH-9272/3-A RE-1
Ebay # 4010264969
5 hours left

Some of the artists are:

Art Blakey

Max Roach

Keith Jarrett

Sam Rivers

Benny Carter

Roy Haynes

Jo Janes

Buddy Rich

And many many other greats!

The records are in near mint+ condition & look like they were never played. The box is in very good+ condition.
i'm going to try to get it last minute but funding is 50.00
I just want the music not the collector value. a cd would be fine for me
Jim

Last edited:
well i'm not sure if i payed to much but i add 99 cent at the last minute and that is what won it. my dad is in the area so i'm going to try and have him pick it up. is this a good find?
Jim

$75 definitely is too much to pay for this set. It comes up on eBay from time to time, and even in superb condition usually goes for between $10 and $20.

Even though I edited (in 1979) the quadraphonic discography that is the basis for the quad listings at Mark Anderson's surround sound discography site, I learned about this set only a couple of years ago, and in the time since have acquired a couple of copies.

I've prepared an entry for Mark to add to his site, but have not sent it to him yet. Here's the text. Note that only side 6 is quad, despite the fact that the label on every side contains a notice that it's quad.

*The Drums, [3] ASH-9272-3 (QS): Art Blakey/Alamode; Max Roach/Mama; Kenny Clarke/No Smokin’; Philly Joe Jones with Freddie Hubbard/Thermo; Sid Catlett with Lester Young/Afternoon of a Basie-ite; Joe Jones with Benny Carter/Cottontail; Connie Kay with Milt Jackson/Statement; Roy Haynes/Snap, Crackle; Dannie Richmond/The Berkeley Underground; Buddy Rich/Brainwashed; Louis Bellson/Thunderbird; Shelly Manne/Cherokee; Chico Hamilton/Jim-Jeannie; Bernard “Pretty” Purdie with Gabor Szabo/Comin’ Back; Elvin Jones/Shiny Stockings; Elvin Jones with John Coltrane/The Drum Thing; Rashied Ali with Alice Coltrane/Gospel Trane; Milford Graves with Albert Ayler/Ghosts; Baby Dodds/Spooky Drums; Joe Chambers with Archie Shepp/Rufus; Beaver Harris, Norman Conners and Ed Blackwell with Archie Shepp/The Magic of Ju-Ju (opening section); Sunny Murray with Cecil Taylor/Pots; Alphonze Mouzon with John Klemmer/Late Evening Prayer; Paul Motian with Keith Jarrett/Angles; Barry Altschul with Sam Rivers/Hues of Melanin (flute section) “ [Includes booklet, which contains the statement: “The selections on Side Six were mixed by means of the Standard Matrix system for fully compatible stereo/quadraphonic reproduction, and, like the rest of the album, should provide an exceptional listening experience when heard on any high-quality reproduction or broadcast equipment.” Side six contains the Alphonze Mouzon, Paul Motian and Barry Altschul cuts. Record label on every side contains the notice “COMPATIBLE STEREO/QUAD”.]

Larry

larryclifton said:
$75 definitely is too much to pay for this set. It comes up on eBay from time to time, and even in superb condition usually goes for between $10 and $20.

Even though I edited (in 1979) the quadraphonic discography that is the basis for the quad listings at Mark Anderson's surround sound discography site, I learned about this set only a couple of years ago, and in the time since have acquired a couple of copies.

I've prepared an entry for Mark to add to his site, but have not sent it to him yet. Here's the text. Note that only side 6 is quad, despite the fact that the label on every side contains a notice that it's quad.

*The Drums, [3] ASH-9272-3 (QS): Art Blakey/Alamode; Max Roach/Mama; Kenny Clarke/No Smokin’; Philly Joe Jones with Freddie Hubbard/Thermo; Sid Catlett with Lester Young/Afternoon of a Basie-ite; Joe Jones with Benny Carter/Cottontail; Connie Kay with Milt Jackson/Statement; Roy Haynes/Snap, Crackle; Dannie Richmond/The Berkeley Underground; Buddy Rich/Brainwashed; Louis Bellson/Thunderbird; Shelly Manne/Cherokee; Chico Hamilton/Jim-Jeannie; Bernard “Pretty” Purdie with Gabor Szabo/Comin’ Back; Elvin Jones/Shiny Stockings; Elvin Jones with John Coltrane/The Drum Thing; Rashied Ali with Alice Coltrane/Gospel Trane; Milford Graves with Albert Ayler/Ghosts; Baby Dodds/Spooky Drums; Joe Chambers with Archie Shepp/Rufus; Beaver Harris, Norman Conners and Ed Blackwell with Archie Shepp/The Magic of Ju-Ju (opening section); Sunny Murray with Cecil Taylor/Pots; Alphonze Mouzon with John Klemmer/Late Evening Prayer; Paul Motian with Keith Jarrett/Angles; Barry Altschul with Sam Rivers/Hues of Melanin (flute section) “ [Includes booklet, which contains the statement: “The selections on Side Six were mixed by means of the Standard Matrix system for fully compatible stereo/quadraphonic reproduction, and, like the rest of the album, should provide an exceptional listening experience when heard on any high-quality reproduction or broadcast equipment.” Side six contains the Alphonze Mouzon, Paul Motian and Barry Altschul cuts. Record label on every side contains the notice “COMPATIBLE STEREO/QUAD”.]

Larry

Like Larry states above, side six has the only RM tracks. $74 = :eek:

Don't feel bad. Many of us have spent a lot on things that turned out to be less than expected. There were many other bidders along the way on this one!

Back