Dutton Vocalion: Taking a Break or Done with Quad?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the exception of the new Billy Paul (which I missed), I’ve seen no new pop releases in a while.

In September they released the two Billy Paul sets (three albums total), Chase, Weather Report, and George Benson.

Nothing in October it seems, but it's not the first time they've gone more than a month between new releases. After releasing 5 pop titles in September, I'm not too surprised we didn't see anything this month.

Looks like a few slipped through in September right after I stopped checking.
With all the spam I get for stuff I have no interest in, it’s too bad I can’t get notified by DV on new multichannel titles.

That Billy Paul two-fer is a hell of a nice release.
Couldn’t get my credit card out fast enough.

Anyone have an update on new releases or why they’ve stopped?

In a two month period, Dutton~Vocalion released 11 SACD albums, 10 of them QUAD, 1 Stereo and included at least 3 two fers and bonus tracks.

Contrast that with MoFi and AP who kept us waiting, respectively, a year for S&G Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme and the two Hendrix STEREO SACDs to be released.

D~V has released more QUAD SACDs than any of the other reissue companies, combined.....and in a WAY shorter period of time.

And the BEST is yet to come.

Last edited:
Looks like a few slipped through in September right after I stopped checking.
With all the spam I get for stuff I have no interest in, it’s too bad I can’t get notified by DV on new multichannel titles.

That Billy Paul two-fer is a hell of a nice release.
Couldn’t get my credit card out fast enough.

fear not ;) stand by! (y)

In a two month period, Dutton~Vocalion released 11 SACD albums, 10 of them QUAD, 1 Stereo and included at least 3 two fers and bonus tracks.

Contrast that with MoFi and AP who kept us waiting, respectively, a year for S&G Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme and the two Hendrix STEREO SACDs to be released.

D~V has released more QUAD SACDs than any of the other reissue companies, combined.....and in a WAY shorter period of time.

And the BEST is yet to come.

well said Ralphie! :p
nobody's more impatient than me to get more more more DV surround goodies but they have put out a number of great titles so far this year and if any of the rumours that have been going around about what is on the horizon do indeed come to pass we may be in for some real treats (and a few surprises too!) :giggle:

OOh tickle my surround buds please...:)

your buds may be tickled, depending on what floats your boat! :)

bearing in mind we're 'overdue' another batch of Easy/Light DV SACDs (and there are certainly more Quads they could release from Henry, Percy, Hugo, Ray, that kind of artist/thing) plus we know there's some Country looming from the Charlie Rich info 'leak'/scoop, I wouldn't expect anymore Pop/Rock type stuff this side of Christmas but more Easy & Country but I could be wrong.. and like i said, if the rumour mill is to be believed then we're in for some real surround surprises from the label as well! :censored:

your buds may be tickled, depending on what floats your boat! :)

bearing in mind we're 'overdue' another batch of Easy/Light DV SACDs (and there are certainly more Quads they could release from Henry, Percy, Hugo, Ray, that kind of artist/thing) plus we know there's some Country looming from the Charlie Rich info 'leak'/scoop, I wouldn't expect anymore Pop/Rock type stuff this side of Christmas but more Easy & Country but I could be wrong.. and like i said, if the rumour mill is to be believed then we're in for some real surround surprises from the label as well! :censored:

My 'BOAT' is floated by almost every type of music out there. :51QQ:51QQ :D

Just a small criteria ..make them speakers sing!! :love:

I thought they did new releases every 2-3 months?

Yes, Dutton Vocalion or their classical label Dutton Epoch releases SACDs every 2-3 months.
Check their blog for the release announcements at http://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/blog/.

The pattern you noted for this year is the same as in the past.
No slow down to date. :)

All of the lights that I can see up ahead remain green! Now it's just up to us not to run out of gas so we can get there.

in a kinda similar way to the AF Quad SACD situation, even if DV jacked it in tomorrow, as much as i'd be pretty disappointed at what they hadn't been able to release (understatement!), i'd still be very very happy (understatement!) at the Quads they had managed to liberate!

now if you'd told me but a few years ago that between two boutique labels on different sides of the pond we'd get Surround SACDs of the Quad masters of stuff the calibre of the Best Of Bread, Best Of The Doors, Rick Derringer, Earth Wind & Fire, Poco, Art Garfunkel, Billy Paul, etc. i'd have chuckled heartily.. well, look at what happened!! ...and as sad as it is that AF are no more, DV are still alive and well..! long may it continue! :rocks

All of the lights that I can see up ahead remain green! Now it's just up to us not to run out of gas so we can get there.

Jon, Dutton Vocalion is Eco~friendly and runs on steam just like the members of QQ forum.

In all my many years of collecting physical surround discs, D~V is by far the most efficient reissue company of QUAD material and their mastering and track record of producing perfect replicas of the analogue master tapes is second to none.

While other QQers fiddle with their output levels to achieve the perfect balance when playing certain, shoddily mastered*, 5.1/4.0 discs, the quality control achieved by Michael Dutton is second to none. And that ain't faint praise!

*for instance: "Fixing" the Jeff Beck Group's Rough and Ready quad (Sony SACD)

Last edited:
Back