ebay sellers not too interested in repeat sales...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
For example, cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...2516004217

1st class in a padded envelope? Yea, sure, go ahead and destroy the tape during the shipping process. Although I'm not involved in a transaction with this seller, I'm still arguing with a seller in Calif. who wants to send me an irreplaceable stereo reel in an envelope. He won't even talk to me about using proper packaging. Since he lives only a few miles from one of my relatives, I've decided just to send the envelope (and it's not even a padded one) to them so they can repackage the item properly to send it the rest of the way to where I live. I'll be putting a neg on him after I get the tape, damaged or not.

Damn, that one went cheaper than I thought.

I <strong>HATE</strong> people who put reels and things like LaserDiscs in padded envelopes. What a bunch of crap!

I once got a RARE LD in a padded envelope!! UGH! :mad:

:-jon

There's those that just want to make a quick buck and those that want to "do things right."

A few years back I grabbed an LP by Grandmas Rockers, a garage band from Iowa that recorded 500 copies of the 12" vinyl record via a private pressing. Incredibly rare, it is listed on one record guide's 100 most rare/valuable records list at number 49.

I found a buyer several hundred miles away who was thrilled to get the chance to own it..... and I had tuition to pay. Sigh..... hated to part with it!!!!

Anyway.... to ensure the LP arrived safe it was packed incredibly well then placed in a wooden "mini-crate" I made myself. The buyer paid the shipping but it wasn't all that much more than if it was sent in a cheap container.

It arrived safely and everyone was happy!!!!

Some of the quad goodies are rare and or valuable... they should be well-packaged. Heck, even if it's just a cardboard box it doesn't take that much more effort and it does protect the contents.

Back