Electric Moo: stereo explorations

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electric Moo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I've been doing some stereo explorations: nothing worth mixing into surround yet, but I figured I'd start a thread so people can see what I'm up to.

My quadraphonic material is here:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...game-soundtrack-discrete-quad-lossless.31599/
And here: hey Christmas is coming up soon, wouldn't you rather listen to this than all those tired cliche holiday songs? :D

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-the-orcs-christmas-album-quadraphonic.31439/

( well that posted before I got finished! Still typing....stay tuned )

Last edited:
Maybe I'll start a new reply instead. Here is the stereo stuff: experiments really, messing around with the modular. I shot video after I'd patched everything up.

If you bump it to the highest resolution you'll get better audio & video. Plus it's dark, so probably translates better at fullscreen view.

It might even decode favorably through something like the surroundmaster, or a QS decoder? My quad setup is dismantled at the moment unfortunately :(

Last edited:
And returning to the cow theme, first heard throughout the Nox Archaist soundtrack:

Music for grazing, under blue skies on green grass

Last edited:
No video for this one: an ambient thing, drone ish. A duet with an air conditioner on a particularly hot summer day:

The A/C went through two complete cycles of whatever air conditioners do.

Last edited:
Another pseudo ambient thing I did, recorded directly to stereo analog tape. It might decode well into surround, as there's quite a few elements & probably good phase material for matrix decoders to latch onto:

I’ll have to come back to this on my big system. Just browsing on an ipad at the moment, but the descriptions sound intriguing.

Cool!

Here's some more older material I forgot about:

That was the first thing I used my minimoog model D reissue on.

The powerplant was decomissioned years ago & torn down, but it was a huge structure and quite a landmark:

lakeview-generating-station.jpg

Last edited:
One morning I got up before sunrise & recorded all the birds waking up & getting active. As the sun rose, the shadows of the trees started morphing along the ground. So here's the recording, and this meditative thing overtop:

Last edited:
Back