Elvis MSQ channel swapped?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Got a canadian Q8 of the Madison Square Garden. I'm sure 100% that i haven't swapped cabes, so i'm quite puzzled: this recording is supposed to have Elvis lead vocal on Rear left, Choir on Rear right and horns on Front Left?
Sounds to me a front-back swap. This is a "special feature" only of the Canadian release? Sure it sounds weird that way...

winopener said:
Got a canadian Q8 of the Madison Square Garden. I'm sure 100% that i haven't swapped cabes, so i'm quite puzzled: this recording is supposed to have Elvis lead vocal on Rear left, Choir on Rear right and horns on Front Left?
Sounds to me a front-back swap. This is a "special feature" only of the Canadian release? Sure it sounds weird that way...

Definitely sounds wierd to me. I have an RCA release, and it's got Elvis both fronts, with horns, crowd and b/g singers in the rears.

Q-Eight said:
Definitely sounds wierd to me. I have an RCA release, and it's got Elvis both fronts, with horns, crowd and b/g singers in the rears.

My RCA version is also Elvis in front. Sounds like the Canadians made a boo boo.

I seem to recall that there were a few Canadian Q8's (from different labels) with swapped channels.

Back