Fake CD of the week

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nifty!!!! There's a BIG box full of AOL CDs at the post office. Can we label them "quad" and get the BIG bux on eBay?????

A yer or so back, I bought this SQ records set, consisting of DSOTM, WYWH, and AHM, quad and alternate versions. How you know it is bootleg is you can hear ticks and pops from the quad lp they used, and WYWH has the infamous scratch in Shine On. However, that being said, the sound quality isn't bad, there are a lot of neat extras, like an accoustic version of Money, and a live version of AHM that is in SQ. My guess is that it is some sort of bootleg put out by someone close to the band, probably with their permission, since they contain so many studio outtakes. And since WYWH is one of the hardest quad lps to get at any price, it is worth it for that alone.

All I can talk about are the set that I bought, they are silver CDs with the SQ records imprint. They look professionally made, but on DSOTM you can hear pops and ticks, it's obviously taken from the lp. The WYWH disc has a skip, like I said. AHM is really clean and well done, the live SQ recording of AHM is pretty cool. I have not listened to alot of the outtakes, but each title has a second disc full of them. It is probably more worthwile to get the originakl SQ release of DSOTM, as well as AHM in terms of fidelity, they are pretty common in good condition, (mine are mint). WYWH is a hard title to get in good shape, it routinely goes for $100.00 to over $200.00.

sspsandy said:
All I can talk about are the set that I bought, they are silver CDs with the SQ records imprint. They look professionally made, but on DSOTM you can hear pops and ticks, it's obviously taken from the lp. The WYWH disc has a skip, like I said. AHM is really clean and well done, the live SQ recording of AHM is pretty cool. I have not listened to alot of the outtakes, but each title has a second disc full of them. It is probably more worthwile to get the originakl SQ release of DSOTM, as well as AHM in terms of fidelity, they are pretty common in good condition, (mine are mint). WYWH is a hard title to get in good shape, it routinely goes for $100.00 to over $200.00.

We're dooooooomed.

Back