• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

First two ELP discs in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoob

It's not my fault I missed the boat when these albums got a limited 5.1 release and I didn't have my system set up for 5.1!
Now I do, and with several other things you can't get these things unless you want to pay scalpers' prices. Help!
The first (self-titled) Emerson Lake and Palmer I really need in my life.
New member post, I hope this follows all rules of etiquette...

It's not my fault I missed the boat when these albums got a limited 5.1 release and I didn't have my system set up for 5.1!
Now I do, and with several other things you can't get these things unless you want to pay scalpers' prices. Help!
I think a good solution would be to look for the ELP Fanfare Box set. It has four 5.1 Blu-Rays - ELP -self titled, Tarkus, Trilogy and Brain Salad Surgery. I haven't looked exhaustively, but Amazon has it for $148, so $37 per disc. It also comes with 18 CDs and 3 LPs. You could keep these or sell them. The only downside with these mixes might be that BSS is not the same mix as on the 2000 DVD-A 5.1 which is considered by most to be a better mix.

I hope rhis helps.

I think a good solution would be to look for the ELP Fanfare Box set. It has four 5.1 Blu-Rays - ELP -self titled, Tarkus, Trilogy and Brain Salad Surgery. I haven't looked exhaustively, but Amazon has it for $148...
I'm afraid that price is for the three-LP vinyl.
The CD blu ray box is $1249 :eek:

To the OP, if you think somebody on here will sell you the first album for less than the $50 shipped you can get if for today on discogs, you might have a long wait.

https://www.discogs.com/release/4831385-Emerson-Lake-Palmer-Emerson-Lake-Palmer

1701537438441.png

I have a copy of Emerson Lake & Palmer. 2 CDs and 1 DVD in Near Mint condition. I purchased Fanfare, so I'm ready to give this one up if your interested. PM me.

I have a copy of Emerson Lake & Palmer. 2 CDs and 1 DVD in Near Mint condition. I purchased Fanfare, so I'm ready to give this one up if your interested. PM me.

Had I not jumped on the one on Discogs I think we would have had a good deal! And I might be less poor.

Do you have Tarkus?

To the OP, if you think somebody on here will sell you the first album for less than the $50 shipped you can get if for today on discogs, you might have a long wait.

View attachment 98934

View attachment 98934
Here is the link to the Amazon listing that I referenced for the 3 LP, CD Blu-Ray Fanfare Box set.

It's being sold for $148.52 and there are 14 remaining in stock.

I tried purchasing it and it put in in my cart with no problem.

I realize that there are 2 links on the Amazon page - one shows Audio CD for $1,249. The LP Box set is listed as $148.52. I know that Amazon sometimes has issues with incorrect format listings, but I think you can get the box set for the $148. There is a complete description that outlines all the discs.

https://www.amazon.com/Fanfare-1970...merson+lake+and+palmer+fanfare,aps,111&sr=8-1

Here is the link to the Amazon listing that I referenced for the 3 LP, CD Blu-Ray Fanfare Box set.

It's being sold for $148.52 and there are 14 remaining in stock.

I tried purchasing it and it put in in my cart with no problem.

I realize that there are 2 links on the Amazon page - one shows Audio CD for $1,249. The LP Box set is listed as $148.52. I know that Amazon sometimes has issues with incorrect format listings, but I think you can get the box set for the $148. There is a complete description that outlines all the discs.

https://www.amazon.com/Fanfare-1970...merson+lake+and+palmer+fanfare,aps,111&sr=8-1
Wow, my bad!
Didn't scroll down far enough!
Should have known better after seeing so many crap Amazon listings!

Happy to be corrected.
My apologies to the OP @Spoob for shooting from the hip and leading you astray.

As RustyM indicates you get 5.1 DTS-HDMA and 5.1 LPCM for each.

ELP self-titled and Tarkus are both 48-24 while BSS and Trilogy were both 96-24.

I believe when I initially ripped BSS using MakeMKV and MMH it indicated 48-24 (as that's how I named my downloaded file), but it showed the higher 96-24 rate when I loaded it into Roon.

ELP and Tarkus are 2012 Steven Wilson Mixes. BSS and Trilogy are Jakko mixes from 2014 and 2015 I believe.

Hi from Australia
I’m picking up my copy of Fanfare I bought a couple of years ago. I bought it for the Blu-ray ❤️.
I intend to sell the Box, still sealed , for about A$180, down under, asking for the Blu-ray to kept for me.
Does anyone know of anyone Down Under who would be interested in the Box? (minus the Blu-ray).

Got my Fanfare box list night. I must say this thing is heavy. Not sure how many of the CD's I'll listen to, but the Blu-ray is my first choice to hear the LP's in surround. Listening to S/T right now, and yes it sounds good overall, and doesn't seem to be aggressively discreet, but more matrixed.

Back