FISHER QUADRADISC CD-4 DISCREET SQ-MATRIX test LP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elguapo511

OKAY... so. I just received the FISHER QUADRADISC CD-4 DISCREET SQ-MATRIX test LP.
ON the CD-4 side - everything seems to be coming out of the front left speaker. And when the voice says FR FC FL RR RC RL etc, it mostly comes out of the front left speaker. Nothing really moves around the room.

Then when the music starts, all of the speakers play. I am very confused.

ON the SQ side everything is loud and clear.

so my concern is the CD-4 side. Even when it plays the 1khz warble tones, it doest come out of the speaker it should. Yes I have all of the wires in the correct plugs.

SO,,,, is this a needle issue? could my needle be worn down or cracked? The sound is clear just not coming out of the correct channels.

thanks for the tips....

You fail to supply any information on the equipment your using

He names his equipment in the thread next to this one about Zappa not being amazing.

Unfortunately, it is rather difficult to troubleshoot this one online and without being there to hear what's going on.

It sounds like a problem with the CD-4 demodulator in the receiver though although it doesn't make sense that during the adjustment tones, sound would only come out of the left front and then would come out all speakers with music.

elguapo, is the CD-4 radar light always lighting?

Doug

the cd-4 radar lights do not work. They did work once, but only for about a week. does anyone know how to get them going again. I dont think they burnt out

the cd-4 radar lights do not work. They did work once, but only for about a week. does anyone know how to get them going again. I dont think they burnt out

Sounds like your demodulator board in your receiver is kaput (gone bad). There could be a variety of reasons, all the way from bad caps to a failed IC chip (which would probably mean that the demodulator is toast.) You have yet to respond to any of my questions about whether or not you've made any of the adjustments I've written about in the other thread, so I can't make any further comments until I know exactly what you have/have not done.

Back