Football match sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayards

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I've been watching a lot of footie from the German Bundesliga on the new Premiere HiDef service on satellite. The matches are not only in great picture quality but accompanied by Dolby Digital 5.1 sound - and it makes a great difference to atmosphere.

Sky TV in UK start their HD service around 22 May - and all next season's Premier League stuff will be in 5.1 and HD too - and of course all 64 matches of this years' World Cup in Germany as well!

The BBC are showing their half of the WC matches in HD (and presumably 5.1 too) on a test channel on sat.

Keep yer ears peeled....

H

Sky Italy started with experimentation on HDTV with 5.1 DD sound too....
BTW, there's few satellite radio which broadcast from Germany and in 5.1.
Great classical music and some pop.
There I had the chance to hear Dire Straits Brothers in Arms, Pink Floyd Time and Police Every Breath you take.

BTW for HDTV+DD5.1 we are still too late in Europe :(

Hi,
It's interesting that you should say that as the American version has been in 5.1 for a while now and I find myself switching to 7ch stereo.

That said, I'm hoping that the World Cup will be broadcast in Canada in HD.
I can't think of a sport that would benefit more. It would be great to hear what it sounds like in 5.1 also.

Peter M.

Back