Franco Mussida - Il Pianeta Della Musica E Il Viaggio Di IòTu - CD/Atmos Blu-Ray Release (and download!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered through jpc.de as I couldn't get any other vendor to ship to the UK (******* Brexit!) so 45.37Euro + 6.09Euro P&P, then it remains to be seen whether I get stung for duty/tax gathering fee, so I'm guessing it'll be around £45 with no tax/fee or circa £66 with tax/fee. But I did like what he was playing from the youtube video, nicely different

I ordered through jpc.de as I couldn't get any other vendor to ship to the UK (******* Brexit!) so 45.37Euro + 6.09Euro P&P, then it remains to be seen whether I get stung for duty/tax gathering fee, so I'm guessing it'll be around £45 with no tax/fee or circa £66 with tax/fee. But I did like what he was playing from the youtube video, nicely different
I thought £135 spent, was allowed before any tax on goods ordered to the UK, from EU?

It's on his listen to mountain. He'll report back in 6 years. lol
oh so very true!

Plus I've only Atmos via my Smyth A16 Realiser and its 'playing up'! Need to re-do the SW update I suspect.

................. I've just listened to the BDA in the Perry Farrell box as it was sticking out of the mountain and caught my attention, and I've had that unopened for what must be 3 years! There are quite a few I bought in early 2019 unopened, as that was when my mother was ill and I was up there helping look after her. There are probably some from before then as well 🥴

1676488277477.png

Hello everyone, the Blu-ray will be distributed worldwide from April, in the meantime is album of the month on "Visions of sound" and you can find other international site to buy it here: Visions of Sound. Pure Audio Recordings and ImportCDS were already written. From April will be available also on Discogs: Franco Mussida - The Planet Of Music And The Journey Of Iòtu - Immersive Edition and is also available on Blu-ray.com: Franco Mussida: The Planet of Music and the journey of Iòtu Blu-ray (DigiPack) (Italy). Follow many others.

Last edited:
A strong contender for album of the year, for me.
Among my favorite ever musical experiences, in certain ways.
Life in Surround Review

Is there a poll thread? It sure deserves one.
@rtbluray

I've purchased the Atmos download from the IAA website. It was very convenient!
The music didn't do it for me, but if you enjoyed this album, I suggest you check out some of Fabrizio De Andre's studio albums (he collaborated with PFM and Mussida in the 70s).
While listening to "Il Pianeta della Musica", I immediately thought of "Sidun" from "Creuza De Ma". The entire album is a great experiment in world music, and is considered on of the best Italian albums ever by Rolling Stones.

This is a live version of Sidun. The entire album is available on all streaming platforms. It was also remixed in 2014, but I highly prefer the original stereo mix.

Back