• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: dvd-audio Eagles Hotel California 5.1 multichannel PPCM

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Only $60. Free shipping. Shipped to USA address only.

This is one of those that doesn't play in stereo, so that's why it's about half price compared to the $110 and more the other ones go for.

Plays fine in PPCM Multi-channel (ONLY!).

Very nice condition. Little if any scratches. I can check it more closely if you need it. I've played it on a Technics DVD-A10 and Panasonic Blu-ray player.

This is a great price. I just added 2 to the Shocker log that sold for over $100. Someone should grab this.

Price cut. Now only $55. I'm about ready to list this on an auction site. Last chance.

Or maybe not. Now the buyer claims he didn't receive it even though it shows as Delivered.

Looks like I need to go back to buying insurance again, although I don't think the USPS would pay it if shows as Delivered.

I'm pretty sure I'm being scammed.

Should be interesting to see what happens next. I sent an email to Amazon.

People are such jerks. 99% you are being scammed.
That's why I rarely sell anything on eBay anymore.

USPS ... shows as Delivered.

Give it another day or so. I've noticed USPS sometimes shows delivered when it arrives in the destination city, not the mailbox. USPS tracking is generally not as accurate when you don't insure.

The tracking looks pretty thorough. I checked the details on the city and it shows the median house is $54K. Seems to be a rather low income area for someone buying dvd-audio disks for multichannel playback.

The response from Amazon says I should use signature confirmation next time. Good idea. They basically say I'm screwed if the buyer files a claim. I have already cancelled my Amazon listings.

Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was delivered at 9:25 am on July 07, 2011 in CHOUDRANT, LA 71227.

Detailed Results:

Delivered, July 07, 2011, 9:25 am, CHOUDRANT, LA 71227
Out for Delivery, July 07, 2011, 8:55 am, RUSTON, LA 71270
Sorting Complete, July 07, 2011, 8:45 am, RUSTON, LA 71270
Arrival at Unit, July 07, 2011, 6:22 am, RUSTON, LA 71270
Processed through Sort Facility, July 07, 2011, 1:04 am, SHREVEPORT, LA 71102
Processed through Sort Facility, July 06, 2011, 4:00 am, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199
Acceptance, July 05, 2011, 10:33 am, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199
Electronic Shipping Info Received, July 04, 2011

I was on the receiving side and had tracking details like that, but I had not seen it yet. I emailed the seller to make sure it was addressed correctly and on the 3rd day after it was "delivered", went down to the post office to find out what happened. They looked for 15 minutes and couldn't find it and said they had had this happen a lot lately (tracking says delivered, but not in PO yet.) So, I went back home and found it in my mail box. It had been delivered while I was at the post office 3 days after it said it was delivered.

It's already been 3 days for you. Have you heard back from Amazon?

I did hear back from Amazon, see post #11.

Email sent to the buyer is now undeliverable. Interesting.

The tracking looks pretty thorough. I checked the details on the city and it shows the median house is $54K. Seems to be a rather low income area for someone buying dvd-audio disks for multichannel playback.

I know you are upset but average or median income does not really tell anything. For instance

If you are staying in Saltlake city, UT...this is your city's details (from wiki)

The median age is 30 years. For every 100 females there are 102.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 101.2 males. The median income for a household in the city is $36,944, and the median income for a family is $45,140. Males have a median income of $31,511 versus $26,403 for females. The per capita income for the city is $20,752. 15.3% of the population and 10.4% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total population, 18.7% of those under the age of 18 and 8.5% of those 65 and older are living below the poverty line.

Here is CHOUDRANT, LA (from wiki as well)

The median income for a household in the village was $37,321, and the median income for a family was $42,656. Males had a median income of $30,855 versus $25,000 for females. The per capita income for the village was $15,726. About 4.0% of families and 6.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.5% of those under the age of 18 and 10.0% of those 65 and older.

Not much difference I would say.

The median value I was referring to was house prices.

But, yea, Salt Lake doesn't pay very well. I don't have much at the end of the month. Kind of depends on how many SHM-SACDs that come out.

Yep, they're out to get me.

Anyway, regarding the Amazon situation... who in their right mind would sell on Amazon after reading this? I cancelled all listings, marked my account as inactive, and today cancelled the credit card on the seller account because there is no way to remove a card. I also cancelled all items on order, and removed all the buyer account credit cards. The bank account that I have on file with them is just a secondary account with no more than about $20 in it. No way to remove that account at all, unless I want to replace it with some other account.

I had a claim of non receipt of an item sold on eBay showing as delivered by the USPS a few months ago. I believe I was scammed, it was a $30 item, I just refunded it and blocked the buyer. Delivery confirmation isn't a guarantee of any value, if the buyer is dishonest or if the USPS made a mistake and delivered it to the wrong address and it wasn't returned, the chances the problem will be resolved are very slight.

I have seen this happen a few times, my theory is the package was delivered to the wrong address, returned and back into the USPS system again, then finally delivered correctly. Some times the delivery confirmation information provides details of where the package is, other times it doesn't.

I was on the receiving side and had tracking details like that, but I had not seen it yet. I emailed the seller to make sure it was addressed correctly and on the 3rd day after it was "delivered", went down to the post office to find out what happened. They looked for 15 minutes and couldn't find it and said they had had this happen a lot lately (tracking says delivered, but not in PO yet.) So, I went back home and found it in my mail box. It had been delivered while I was at the post office 3 days after it said it was delivered.

It's already been 3 days for you. Have you heard back from Amazon?

Back