• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FT: a few RARE DVD-As (and one SACD)...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kundalinikid

i've discovered that a number of the discs in my collection are rather rare and have decided to look into trading them for other rare discs that i have been hoping to get a hold of. my list for trade is as follows:

The Eagles - Hotel California (DVD-A): near-mint condition, plays in both multichannel and stereo;
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (DVD-A): near-mint condition;
Björk - Vespertine (DVD-A): near-mint condition;
Duke Ellington - Blues in Orbit (MFSL UDCD 757 Hybrid SACD): the case and printed materials are in near-mint condition, but the j-card is a little scuffed and the disc itself suffers from the small spindle cracks that seem to have plagued this release (they don't affect playback, however);
The Police - Ghost in the Machine (SACD): near-mint condition;
The Police - Synchronicity: near-mint condition.

i'd prefer to trade first: i am particularly interested in the Depeche Mode SACDs that i am missing (i have Speak & Spell, Music for the Masses, Violator and Playing the Angel), Moloko's Statues, the Human League's Dare, and the Groove Armada releases; however, if i can't find suitable trades, i'll consider selling them if anyone is interested...

thanks!

Last edited:
i wasn't aware that providing my real name and where i live was a prerequisite for posting an ad... anyone who is interested in any of my discs is welcome to contact me via PM and ask for online references (i may be new here at QuadrophonicQuad, but i have been active on other A/V-related sites, including Audiogon, Videogon, AVS Forum, and the Surround Hub, as well as having a positive rating on eBay). i will, of course, be happy to oblige.

i have posted these discs here rather than those other sites because QuadrophonicQuad seemed like one of the apparently few places where appropriate trades would be possible (as far as i can tell there are no ads at SA-CD.net, you have to have a certain number of posts before being allowed to enter the "secret" selling area of stevehoffman.tv, and audiogon and eBay are geared more towards selling than trading... if anyone has other forums to suggest, i'd be happy to listen) and there would be sufficient interest. it just seemed like a good idea to try trading with other fans rather than sell to collectors; however, if no one is interested, then perhaps i will move on to those other forums.

Last edited:
we still don't know who you are are where you're from...even what country or hemisphere..

QQ Guidelines - Please Read

QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! You are sure to find a wealth of information here and many of our members are eager to answer your questions. We are a friendly group, and although the discussion boards are moderated, we don’t have a lot of strict rules. However, we do have a few guidelines that we expect our members to follow:

1. Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

2. Do not use the board solely to advertise items for sale. Active, contributing members are encouraged to make use of QuadraphonicQuad to share items they have available for sale. However, if you have made no effort to participate in our discussions, you are not invited to use QuadraphonicQuad for advertising purposes. Items listed in this section should have a FIXED price. This is not a section for "Best Offers", or an auction sale. YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 10 POSTS TO ADVERTISE YOUR ITEMS IN THE QQ SWAP MEET SECTION.

3. Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. QuadraphonicQuad embraces ALL surround-sound formats – past, present and future. QuadraponicQuad is NOT the place to engage in “format wars”.

Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

hmmm... sounds like i might have stepped into the middle of quite a story (which might explain quite a bit).

no, my name is not Bob... and any trade or sale i get myself involved in here will most certainly involve proper contact info (including a real address).

kundalinikid,

Welcome to the forum. There's a member from San Diego who burned a lot of folks here, so the San Diego location probably got some of them spooked!

There is nothing wrong with your post as far as I'm concerned, you are welcome here to post what you like.

kundalinikid,

Welcome to the forum. There's a member from San Diego who burned a lot of folks here, so the San Diego location probably got some of them spooked!

There is nothing wrong with your post as far as I'm concerned, you are welcome here to post what you like.

I think you all are just jealous of our 70/70 24/7 weather around here. However, if anyone knows "his" address, PM me. I live on the base with the Navy Seals. Maybe we could go pay him a friendly visit!

that is funny as s--- mike, you think pres obama would authorize that mission? i think there are alot of folks here who would love to see him at the bottom of the ocean. and btw YES i am very jealous of your weather, kevin

Back