DTS-CD FUNKADELIC - COSMIC SLOP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hiptone

Has anyone ever heard this Q8? Or ever seen one? I read that it was issued, but no reports on mix/sound quality. An amazing album, almost as impressive as Maggot Brain,

It may be a rare one. But this would be so cool issued on DVD-A from the 70s Quad mix. But I would settle for a Q8 to DTS if anyone has it sitting around and never got around to doing the conversion. No....?

Jeff

It definitely does exist. It's been a while since I've played mine, but I recall it was pretty trippy.

quadwreck said:
It definitely does exist. It's been a while since I've played mine, but I recall it was pretty trippy.

Well, have you thought about having it converted to a dts disc. I would be glad to chip in some for Tab to do a Fostex.

btw, I am the original poster that started this thread. I have dropped hiptone as my handle, and now am going under my real name.

Jeff:)

I just discovered that this title exists - can anybody comment on the mix who is familiar with it? A few comments on google groups indicate that it may be mostly reverb in the rears - though the comment above sounds much more promising. It's so rare (even Tab hasn't done a conversion of it) that I almost hope that it isn't a good mix... on the other hand it could be quite a treat at the end of a long search :smokin

BananaSlug said:
I just discovered that this title exists - can anybody comment on the mix who is familiar with it? A few comments on google groups indicate that it may be mostly reverb in the rears - though the comment above sounds much more promising. It's so rare (even Tab hasn't done a conversion of it) that I almost hope that it isn't a good mix... on the other hand it could be quite a treat at the end of a long search :smokin

hi

Yes this Q8 has a weird mix. some songs are discrete others are fake, i did a DTS for QpS, thanks to George "dr8track" he let us use his Q8, thanks Gerardo

quadgdiaz said:
hi

Yes this Q8 has a weird mix. some songs are discrete others are fake, i did a DTS for QpS, thanks to George "dr8track" he let us use his Q8, thanks Gerardo

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to find a copy to listen to myself. :phones

More years go by, and still this one does not seem to be widely circulating. At least I can't find it! Interesting, I was a busy quad shopper in the 70's but I couldn't find it then either (tho I did get to enjoy the group in concert in the heyday). The title track is just perfect for quad, with its eerie space and reverb!

I will do a conversion, it is a good recording.

More years go by, and still this one does not seem to be widely circulating. At least I can't find it! Interesting, I was a busy quad shopper in the 70's but I couldn't find it then either (tho I did get to enjoy the group in concert in the heyday). The title track is just perfect for quad, with its eerie space and reverb!

Back