Gnarlywood: the thorn in Rhino's side?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should WMG/Rhino dump Gnarlywood and seek a different fulfillment partner?

• Definitely

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • No opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe not

• Definitely not

• Total voters
My Joni initial box arrived in great time. The shipping box was unharmed, plenty of packing inside...yet...the Joni Box itself had 2 punctures on the front. Makes you wonder how those got there. Anyway, I was daydreaming about that damaged box I returned to Rhino. What do they do with it? Give it away to an employee? I mean, you never see Rhino offering damaged goods for a major discount on their site.

Though, based on the size of the puncture wounds, my guess is the discs easily could have been shattered. I didn't open it.

Received notice of my bundle order on 5-9-24 for delivery 5-13-24 and received on 5-12-24, no cracked cases, nice job.

I also had my complaints with split shipments with them. Normally I wouldn't care but being located overseas for each single shipment I have to pay the carrier a service fee which in my last order (one pre order!) resulted in 3 shipments. But luckily CS at Rhino responded to my claims and refunded me the fees I had to pay extra due to their logistically problems.

I ordered Joni and the latest quadio bundle in the same order. Joni got here quickly and although I wasn’t impressed by the packaging, it is undamaged (o course, there’s no plastic cases to be cracked). I still have no idea when the quadio bundle will arrive.

What I found out about the split shipments in the tracking is that the cd's were not sent from the same locations so there might be different warehouses involved and not all have the same items on stock.

What I found out about the split shipments in the tracking is that the cd's were not sent from the same locations so there might be different warehouses involved and not all have the same items on stock.
I believe mine were all sent from California- same place. On a new release of four title no reason to not have all four in stock at the same time. That is unless you have yet more issues with getting the trucks loaded correctly and unloading them in a timely manor. Right you are suggesting that it’s possible that they have additional managerial problems.

I’ve been around long enough to know that it takes as long as it takes but I do appreciate shipping info. The quadio bundle is out for delivery and Chrysalis has shipped Trower. Good to know. Also have a Trower coming from Amazon on Friday. My money (lol) is on Amazon to show up first!

But what I do LOVE about Dutton Vocalion. When ordering from them it seems within minutes [or maybe a few hours] they email you that the order is being processed and in some cases SHIPPED! And I'm sure they're not a large company with copious staff members!

Why do you think I refer to Michael J. Dutton as THE WIZARD OF WATFORD? 🧙‍♂️
I haven't had any issues with my Rhino deliveries, got my Joni Box really fast, but Iam not ordering all 4 release bundles, just select single issues. Vocalion wish they had more releases I like, got Breakaway from Art Garfunkel and the QUAD mix is beautiful, the stereo electric piano in the mix is awesome.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the next batch hoping for some rock, as it seems like it's been 15 months since REO and Nugent. I have two DV titles on my list and am waiting for the next installment to order. I know they will announce new titles right the day after I place an order if I order now.
@quicksrt ....if I were you, I'd go there right now & place an order! Thanks buddy!🙂

Regarding Gnarlywood.... It seems they've gotten better as of late. But after that disaster of that 1st group of 4, up was the only direction to go!😧

Last edited:
So what I assumed would be the Quadios turned out to be the other item i bought shipped separately. Another package is nearby in Columbus. Maybe tomorrow………

My Joni got to be in one piece and all intact, and before the 4 Quadios that I ordered at the same time. (I don't see anything about them being shipped yet.) The Joni packaging was terrible. Basically a cardboard wrap around it and not truly sealed. You could actually see the Blu-ray box and shrinkwrap from outside the packaging.
But all good and I'm not worried about getting the Quadios. I'm sure they're on the way. I hear my mother-- "patience, Kenny. Patience."

I waited for the first day rush of orders confusion to die down, when the Quadios were released. Ordered the bundle on the 11th and received a tracking number yesterday! The number is thru FedEx and doesn't show up in there system (probably haven't been picked up yet from their shipping dept, but sure looks to be an improvment.............Thanks Rhino

Back