GOS branches out?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
:eek: :ROFLMAO:

CCF_000504.jpg

Ironically, today I was traveling for business 4 hours from home. Let's just say, I was "in the sticks". I was on a gravel road, very hilly area, no towns nearby. My company truck suddenly tells me my right front tire is going flat, and at a rapid rate. I'll save the gory details, but I spent nearly 1 hour and 40 minutes changing the GD tire.

The hoops I had to jump through just to get the "full size spare" out from under the truck were legendary. Not intuitive whatsoever. And, that's being generous with my wording.

The story continues....

Yesterday morning, I took my truck to a local tire center. Since my truck is a company truck, all things go through Fleet Management. They approve all repairs, etc.

I'm there at 8AM. The gal asks me if I care what brand of tire, I say no, it's a Fleet vehicle, whatever. She goes out, gets the wheel type from my wheels, calls an order in. 10AM, she says Fleet approved the purchase. Noon rolls around, I'm still waiting. Gal goes on lunch break. Another guy takes over, he comes to me and asks if I have to have Michelin tires. I said, I could care less, company truck. He says, well "gal" ordered 20" tires, and your truck takes 18". I'm like...OK. So, he cancels the original order and places a new order for 18" tires. 2 hours later (2PM) he comes to me and says Fleet denied the tires, too much money. So, he cancels that order and says they would only approve this other brand...only......wait for it....they don't have those in stock. So, I tell them I will drive to Lafayette, Indiana and pick up the damn tires and bring them back. So, I do. At 5:30 PM, they took my truck in the stall and replace the tires. I was the last customer to leave. This was my day.

The story continues....

Yesterday morning, I took my truck to a local tire center. Since my truck is a company truck, all things go through Fleet Management. They approve all repairs, etc.

I'm there at 8AM. The gal asks me if I care what brand of tire, I say no, it's a Fleet vehicle, whatever. She goes out, gets the wheel type from my wheels, calls an order in. 10AM, she says Fleet approved the purchase. Noon rolls around, I'm still waiting. Gal goes on lunch break. Another guy takes over, he comes to me and asks if I have to have Michelin tires. I said, I could care less, company truck. He says, well "gal" ordered 20" tires, and your truck takes 18". I'm like...OK. So, he cancels the original order and places a new order for 18" tires. 2 hours later (2PM) he comes to me and says Fleet denied the tires, too much money. So, he cancels that order and says they would only approve this other brand...only......wait for it....they don't have those in stock. So, I tell them I will drive to Lafayette, Indiana and pick up the damn tires and bring them back. So, I do. At 5:30 PM, they took my truck in the stall and replace the tires. I was the last customer to leave. This was my day.

First your flooded house. And then the flat tire. I was tempted to post the axiom that bad things happen in groups of three but thought better. Now I can see the third bummer has occurred and I can write that you are officially in the free, out of the curse. At least as far as superstitions go...

Best of luck dude. Go have a White Russian or something.

The story continues....

It never rains it pours eh Gos...
It would need the patience of a saint to come through all this with a smile surrounding the boat race. :D :D

First your flooded house. And then the flat tire. I was tempted to post the axiom that bad things happen in groups of three but thought better. Now I can see the third bummer has occurred and I can write that you are officially in the free, out of the curse. At least as far as superstitions go...

Best of luck dude. Go have a White Russian or something.
Sounds pretty good actually. Here's the thing, I was there over 8 hours. I never once got mad, degraded anyone etc. This place can't find help, they are short staffed. It's sad really. I kept my cool, and told them thanks when I left.

The story continues....

Wow, Gene! Doesn’t retirement sound better and better as time goes by?

Wow, Gene! Doesn’t retirement sound better and better as time goes by?
yeah, except I'm seeing employment shortfalls all over the place, my old fav grocery chain is looking abysmal (which is very unusual) due to sourcing problems and employee competition. You might also find yourself waiting there at the tire shop for your own car rather than a fleet vehicle while in retirement, still valuable time lost. Hopefully Gene got to surf the QQ while he waited and found more new titles to double up on :)

yeah, except I'm seeing employment shortfalls all over the place, my old fav grocery chain is looking abysmal (which is very unusual) due to sourcing problems and employee competition. You might also find yourself waiting there at the tire shop for your own car rather than a fleet vehicle while in retirement, still valuable time lost. Hopefully Gene got to surf the QQ while he waited and found more new titles to double up on :)
We got the same here Pups, HGV driver shortage is causing massive supply and distribution problems. And a lot of our European friends have gone back home causing a labour shortage.

Still, we got our beloved music to keep us going...
Not forgetting the QQ fellowship of wit and kindness. :love:

Back