Great Courses: Introduction to Opera

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gene_stl

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Iron Waffle said in another thread:
I’m faaaaar from an expert on Classical so I’ve been counting down the days for this app to help me shape expiration without buying some Great Courses lecture series!
During recent forays to Half Price Books I picked up two different Great Courses packages.

The first was a three DVD set about the Beatles. The university professor who did the lectures said he had "worn out his copy of Revolver" But it was not in 1966. Nonetheless I watched all three DVDs and learned a few things and enjoyed the time spent watching them. The set is in the permanent collection with the Beatles stuff.

Having had a decent experience I was amazed to see a set with 32 (count em 32) CDs ( not DVDs , audio only) of an Introduction to Opera. It was also done by a musicology college professor and was excellent. My Mrs. and I listened to the entire thing. Also staying in the permanent collection though could be available on loan if anyone is interested.

I think these Great Course are recommendable and worth looking into if there is a subject you like.

During recent forays to Half Price Books I picked up two different Great Courses packages.

The first was a three DVD set about the Beatles. The university professor who did the lectures said he had "worn out his copy of Revolver" But it was not in 1966. Nonetheless I watched all three DVDs and learned a few things and enjoyed the time spent watching them. The set is in the permanent collection with the Beatles stuff.

Having had a decent experience I was amazed to see a set with 32 (count em 32) CDs ( not DVDs , audio only) of an Introduction to Opera. It was also done by a musicology college professor and was excellent. My Mrs. and I listened to the entire thing. Also staying in the permanent collection though could be available on load if anyone is interested.

I think these Great Course are recommendable and worth looking into if there is a subject you like.
I have listened to several Great Courses on Classical and Jazz and found they hugely increased my appreciation and knowledge of these genres. I’m still no expert but I’m a lot better off than I was.

These were available to me through Audible, the audio book service, but are also available as downloads directly from Great Courses so you don’t necessarily have to buy and store a bunch of cds.

Back