Hi my name is Alex and I collect old records and vintage hifi,

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Schwartz

just got in a Sony SQ decoder amplifire 200 and a JVC FM AM 4 channel stereo receiver , while the function of the JVC is clear I don't understand how the Sony should
work, do I need another amplifire to connect? but how? It should work with any turntable but on the rear side there are 4 chinch entries a switch on front for source or tape and a rear one for phase a-b ? Can anybody explain how it works and which connection I need to make it work?
Greetings Alex

The SQA-200 is a decoder/rear channel amplifier. It can be used with your JVC receiver. It has outputs that can connect to a rear amplifier or quad receiver/amplifier to use in place of the built in amplifier.

Early and lower end equipment often used RCA connectors for speakers, don't confuse them with the line level outputs. As an early unit the decoding is likely not very good, but give it a try!

Manuals (user and service) are available free at HiFi Engine | Owners and Service Manuals

For some odd reason HiFiEngine seems to not be accepting new registrations right now. :confused:If you can't download let me know (PM) and I'll get it for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for help, I've got a B&O Beomaster 1400 Tuner Amplifier, a Lenco L78 Turntable and two B&O 4Ohm Boxes
plus two 4Ohm Boxes alternative 2 Kef 8Ohm that I can connect, possibly adding the Sony SQ 200, I'm wondering
how it could sound with 3 Pair of boxes, I'm not really trying to get the Quadrofonic effect but I'm wondering if it is possible
and which result it gives, I'm still working to put it all toghether, will report the risult later on. Greetings Alex

DSCN0088.JPG

Back