High Definition Disc Ads At The Movies!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Today we went to the premier of SICKO (must see film) and I was surprised at the volume of ads, promos, trailers and special satellite presentations that movies are making money on.

About 1/3 the way through this commercial barrage was the Toshiba HD-DVD ad with the filmmaker talking about his work and HD-DVD. Heh....

Then the Sony logo of the Regal Cinemas flashed right after that and I laughed at the irony of that if no one else did.

Then near the end og the barrage of promos, there was a Sony Blu-Ray ad! It showed lots of titles and was very well done. Impressive I'd say.

This is great that people will definitely beseeing and hearing about the formats. Wasn't there something like this for DVD-A on a microscopic scale?

I'm thinking I read somewhere that 5.1 releases were played in a few theatres to show people what it could sound like. Since it still seem like a new idea I'd like to see it happen again!

Back