Hmmm.....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehehe funny, I was just looking at that as it is in my "neck of the woods", so to speak. I'd love to buy it and have a look at what type of decoder they used, just for grins.

Then I can add it to my quad museum, alongside my Sansui QS-1, and Sony SQ-D2020 and SQ-D2010.

:) :)

Chortle! Tempting just for the laugh isn't it Dave?!? Being up in Hull, it's not too bad for me either for p&p. I'm thinking about starting a minor collection of Quad gear myself (in addition to the kit I actually listen to, or would want to listen to without cringing...) so a comedy first addition might not go amiss... reckon I'll wait to the end of the auction to see what happens first though!!!
Feel free to e-mail / reply if you fancy a chat about all things Quad -makes a change to hear from soumeone else my age in rthe UK who's into Quad! (sorry it took a while for me to get back on this one -work's been mad for the last couple of months!) I'm also on scottmoose78 at hotmail dot com
Cheers everyone
Scott

Hi Dave,

Do you have a user manual or any specific info on the sqd 2010 . I have one, not working well , but would like to find out what I can about it . i bought it at a flea market and it had no info with it

my question is... Why did they attach a toilet plunger to the bottom?

Yes. That struck me too, but I didn't like to bring it up... Thought I was going mad, but evidently not. It's a tragedy. But it's a beautiful thing nevertheless....
Oh, it looks like it's got some kind of SQ in it 'logic' or otherwise I don't know. Something tells me I really don't want to!

What that blue thing is, is a stool for a childs drum machine. I noticed it right away because I bought one for my daughter. It's a cool thing for a two year old. My daughter whacks on the drums to some synth beats and daddy sings in the headset mike, we be jammin!

Happy quad xmas!
Dave

Well, it definitely has an sq decoder; any guesses as to logic? Interesting that all the input comes from din plugs ala quad, the brand. What's the deal with the speaker connections? Probably alot like my old radio shack integrated amp with basic sq and rm decoders. Still, those inputs hint at something more high end....
Marc

A lot of european gear made during the 60's, 70's and 80's had those 2 - pin DIN connections for the speakers, very frequently found on "music centers" - remember those?!?! from the likes of ferguson, philips, grundig, fidelity and Amstrad?!?!?!?! arrrrgh! :rollin:

Saying that though, Bang & Olufsen used them throught the 80's - my Beocentre 7000 has them.

The ampifier seems popular - two bidders so far.......

Dave.

Back