DTS-CD How to read DTS wav files ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pimoos

Hello,

I'd like to know which player do you use to read DTS WAV files on your HD ?

I have many DTS WAV files but I can't read them , when I try I only have a lot of bad noise but no music ...

I have tried using PowerDVD XP 4 by using the SPDIF output (which is optical on my soudcard) but reading a wav dts file make it crash, it's the same with WinDVD 4 Platinum.

I have also a real Magic Hollywood + card with a SPDIF/DTS output but when I read the DTS WAV with this card, I still have the bad noise ... and my Pioneer VSXD 810 receiver doesn't switch in DTS mode.

So do you know is there is a way to read this files ?

or to convert them into .vob files so I can read them with my Hollywood Plus or other DVD Player.

Because in fact it works very well with .vob files.

Thx 4 all. :p

Do you mean by read them, play them back out of a wave editor! Make sure they are in fact dts wave and end in .wav try renaming them to .wav format. I use CEP 1.2a and actually don't need to open them in any player to listen to them. Here is something to try !
Go to your control panel and select your multi-media settings and assign your digital out as your preferred device, then close it and go to a dts.wav file, right click on it and select preview and if it is not an up sampling sound card it will play out the spdif line and you should hear the music ! Then just go back and change the control panel preference to the original setting for normal web,or stereo listening
0] Rob

After setting my SPDIF as my main out in Window settings, I can play DTS wavs with any program including Windows Media player and Winamp. No problem.

Yes I just want to play my DTS.wav files but it doesn't work ...

In my sound control panel (under winXP) my SPDIF output is activated (it's an opitcal output), in the advanced control of the SPDIF I have Uncheck the option "Sampling rate convertion for SPDIF output" but it change nothing activated or not is the same, I steal have a bad big noise instead of my music.

I have try with too sound card , a SB Audidgy 2 and a AC97 but it's the same for both of them.

I have install Cool Edit Pro 2.0 to see and when i open a dts wav file i can see a uniform wav form, but I can't play the file.

I put one of my DTS WAV here :

www.ifrance.com/pimoos/dts.rar

if someone can try to play it and say me if it works well or not, but i don't think my files are bad...

You see something else i can try ?

THanKS !

Problem with the link or what else? I get a 404 cliking on the dts.rar link.

BTW, which sound card do you have?

Yes, file is too big,sorry I can't put it online ...
I have a Sound Blaster Audidgy 2

I have the same problem, an i have it tried with 2 Soundcards, too. And it doesn't work!

It can be, that the problem is the amp.....

When i take the 6 cannel out in Win DVD, it doesn't Crash... and you must burn the Wav-file on a CD... Then it works...bot not with the S/PDIF....

Sounds like the sound card does'nt pass dts wave. Truy setting the volume to 0 all the way down and also All the way up! . Somtimes that will work!
Rob

First, don't have any specific experience about Audigy2, but...
all Live cards had the very bad habit to have a fixed spdif out sample rate, at 48KHz, so *any* dts cd will come out as white noise.
No way out, maybe a cheap soundcard with a Ess Allegro chipset or a CM8738, both with spdif, can do the trick, since their drivers allows for a setting of the sample rate.

Pimoos! I sent you an ez board message . go to the top right side of the opening page and look for the ez board box message
Rob

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I have install Cool Edit Pro 2.0 to see and when i open a dts wav file i can see a uniform wav form, but I can't play the file.[/quote]
Got to the settings menu in CEP and set the device for play back as your spdif and see what happens
Rob

Back