DIGITAL How To Temporarily Fix "Sparkle In The Rain" Surround Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the average RMS values posted in #2 I'd raise the center level by +2-4 dB. However, it's just mathematics and not your ears.

Based on the average RMS values posted in #2 I'd raise the center level by +2-4 dB. However, it's just mathematics and not your ears.

Why not just lower the corner channels more?

I meant without modification of any other channels. The average RMS values of the original rears don't seem exceptionally high to me, compared to those of the fronts.

I meant without modification of any other channels. The average RMS values of the original rears don't seem exceptionally high to me, compared to those of the fronts.

Ah, I got you now. Too simple? :) Whatever works!

Well, I pre-ordered this, probably like the majority of people who have this disc already. Am I supposed to assume that all discs are going to have a problem, so I shouldn't pre-order them? No.

Well, I pre-ordered this, probably like the majority of people who have this disc already. Am I supposed to assume that all discs are going to have a problem, so I shouldn't pre-order them? No.

Looks like we were answering at the same time. ;)

But you really have to be careful here. You don't want to have an opinion and then get called on it. :rolleyes:

Never my intention to piss anybody off. And call me on anything. Please. Figuring this stuff out is what QQ is all about. Thanks.

I wasn't saying that you should have waited to order. I was just saying that you didn't have to do the temp fix - you could have just waited. I was just kidding you because you seemed so upset. I mean really, I know you're probably not that upset at all.

And how was he supposed to know that when he either pre-ordered it or purchased it on release day?

You mis-intrepreted what I was saying. He said he was upset because he had to apply a fix. All I was saying was that he didn't have to apply the fix - he could have waited for the new version. I know, the humour is too sutle. I probably didn't interprete him correctly either.

Hey we all love each other. I always say that if you are going to assume then assume the best, not the worst.

OKOkOk. We're all good. This is nothing I would ever get upset about. It's just aggravating. From my take on it, Burning Shed is the only really proactive site to place an order with the confidence that if anything is wrong, you get taken care of, quickly and without question (Thanks, Lisa!). Having said that, I'm usually looking for the best overall price to my door. Other sites (for this title I am getting it from Bull Moose) may not know of disc issues in the first place. Sonic hugs to all. :)

As this thread starts to circle the drain(like the previous one on this general topic) I would like everyone to hold hands across the globe and sing!

[video=youtube;9AjkUyX0rVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjkUyX0rVw[/video]

As this thread starts to circle the drain(like the previous one on this general topic) I would like everyone to hold hands across the globe and sing!

[video=youtube;9AjkUyX0rVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjkUyX0rVw[/video]

yeah, but the interesting thing is......if you are north of the equator.....it circles counter clock wise.....but south of the equator....oh boy...clock wise....just thought I'd point that out...

yeah, but the interesting thing is......if you are north of the equator.....it circles counter clock wise.....but south of the equator....oh boy...clock wise....just thought I'd point that out...

Same with your Hurricanes and our Cyclones. Opposite wind directions. Ocean currents too.

Back