is sacd dead??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's ok them saying that, but what they really need to do is pull their fingers out of their dulldiscs [sic] and start releasing a decent number of SACDs! :rolleyes:

mandel said:
It's ok them saying that, but what they really need to do is pull their fingers out of their dulldiscs [sic] and start releasing a decent number of SACDs! :rolleyes:

Well, they just issued the War of the Worlds 2-SACD Set in SACD Surround Sound. Check it out if you haven't already. It's a lot of fun !

I think that the hybrid SACD and the dual disc are the clear answer to the consumer embracing the medium. For myself, the clear bang for the buck is dual compatibility. I don't have an SACD player everywhere I listen to music, and therefore enjoy the fact that the discs also play in my CD players.

As was also eluded to, the people surveyed in that article are biased like myself. I enjoy the clarity of SACD and the nuances of a well produced surround recording. I do find it promising that a lot of car manufactures are now including surround systems in their high end vehicles, though I'm not sure they are SACD compatible.

mandel said:

My wife brought the new Rob Thomas dual disc (quite accidentally) and I must say that it did have a dull, lackluster surround track.

bmoura said:
Well, they just issued the War of the Worlds 2-SACD Set in SACD Surround Sound. Check it out if you haven't already. It's a lot of fun !

I would do, if i didnt think War Of The Worlds was deathly boring. *runs for the hills* :steering:

Back