Jackson Browne, "Running on Empty!"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A surefire way to get this thing on the fast track for release is to put out a pirate version of the DVD-A ("repurposed" surround-sound) and claim it to be the real thing.

Cai Campbell said:
A surefire way to get this thing on the fast track for release is to put out a pirate version of the DVD-A ("repurposed" surround-sound) and claim it to be the real thing.

They would probably just say, "Whew, that's one less we have to put out now".

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but the verdict from Mr Hurley is as follows:

"This is not accurate yet - although I think we are getting very close to concluding the deal. But then again, I've said that before."

Patrick Cleasby said:
I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but the verdict from Mr Hurley is as follows:

"This is not accurate yet - although I think we are getting very close to concluding the deal. But then again, I've said that before."

Patrick,,,,Who's Mr Hurley??? I must have missed something...

Thanks,
Tim

Perhaps my frustration with Rhino's (and Elektra) playing of some weird game of "now we have it - now we"...never did and won't should be tempered by the fact that, while they still don't have it and have no expectation of getting it, they've reduced the price of the recording by two bucks! Was $19.99 - NOW $17.98! If we just hold out, they'll have a clearance sale and maybe offer the remaining inventory, that they never had and have no expectations........for five or six bucks! WHAT a sweet deal THAT will be!
On the other hand, I was willing to let them ship me copies of Machine Head and Electric Warrior. With reference to the latter.............oh, my, we were so...young. Had I not been there, I'd never believe that I nailed a girl named Juanita because I had the album; whatever it meant, I WAS a 'Jeepster for her love.'
Big question: on the Electric Warrior video of Bang a Gong, the musicians are pretty well identified...except for the piano player, in magenta jacket with dancing (?) Poodles...shades...and kicks back the piano bench just like Elton John did before getting old and porking up. Is it...could it be?

Wait a minute. If it's being released in 2025, that's only twenty one (21!) years away!

Of course I'll probably be dead by then... :(

timw said:
Patrick,,,,Who's Mr Hurley??? I must have missed something...

Thanks,
Tim

Robin Hurley is the VP of DVD Audio at Rhino who produces nearly all their DVD-As (ie all the ones that have never seen the light of day, like ROE, Blue, Moondance, Talking Heads, More Doors etc....)

Why can't he just come out and say what the problem is? Publishers? Artists? Production? Change to DualDisc? What's the big deal?

Why don't they get them out as "Rhino Hand Made"? Then, they can charge whatever they want???????? :mad:

There are a lot better titles that could be released in hi-rez. I suggest that we all move on to something else and forget about this one. In fact after all this time we should boycott it if and when it is released. It will be a non-event after all this time anyway.

Guy Robinson said:
There are a lot better titles that could be released in hi-rez. I suggest that we all move on to something else and forget about this one. In fact after all this time we should boycott it if and when it is released. It will be a non-event after all this time anyway.

It won't, as I've said before, I've heard some of it and seen the menus and it will be very good when it finally arrives. I don't think a boycott is a constructive idea.

Patrick Cleasby said:
It won't, as I've said before, I've heard some of it and seen the menus and it will be very good when it finally arrives. I don't think a boycott is a constructive idea.

Actually, I think that a boycott is an excellent idea. Customers should not be made to "beg" for products. Companies should work to "earn" our business. For some reason, the music business has lost sight of this simple business concept. I know that I don't give a rat's a$$ if it is released or not.

I have waited patiently for MANY titles to be released, and then for the retailers to bother to stock them; only to find that many were total piles of crap ... fake surround, bad sound quality, software bugs ... and now it seems to be repeating itself with this Lo-Rez, buggy DualDisc fiasco. Screw it, I have a QSD-2 and a whole pile of Redbook CDs.

Patrick, I know that you are an industry "insider", but even you must agree that this whole "Hi-Rez" multichannel digital thing is a monster cluster fu@k. :mad:

Mike.

Quadzilla said:
Patrick, I know that you are an industry "insider", but even you must agree that this whole "Hi-Rez" multichannel digital thing is a monster cluster fu@k. :mad:

Mike.

Oh, make no mistake, it distresses the fu@k out of me that the whole thing is SUCH a monster cluster f@ck....!

GaryP said:
Wait a minute. If it's being released in 2025, that's only twenty one (21!) years away!

I've got late 2025 in the ROE release date pool, so WHOO HOO! :woopie I stand to make a killing! Of course, there will probably be an annoucement in November of '25 that it has been pushed back to the spring of '26, in which case I think Guy would win it. :ugham:

GaryW said:
I've got late 2025 in the ROE release date pool, so WHOO HOO! :woopie I stand to make a killing! Of course, there will probably be an annoucement in November of '25 that it has been pushed back to the spring of '26, in which case I think Guy would win it. :ugham:

My bet is on never and if this becomes true, it will not distress me one bit. Don't try to take Layla away from me though. :mad:

I have now gotten this message over 5 times! WHAT IS GOING ON????

Your back/special order has not yet arrived. Please know that we are working on getting it for you as soon as possible. As soon as it arrives, your order will be shipped! In the event the product becomes unavailable, we will notify you. Thank you for your patience.

If you need to contact us, your order confirmation # is 295131104184a9.

B/O Qty Item # Title Available *
1 EA78283DVA BROWNE,JACKSON / RUNNING ON 12/31/25

* All items with an Available Date displayed are considered pre-release items. Pre-release items are not yet available for purchase. You should receive this item on or shortly after the date displayed.
If you have any questions, please contact us via:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (954)255-4831
In the US: (888)440-4232
International: (954)255-4160
Customer Service is open from 09:00AM until 09:00PM EST

Thank you for shopping at www.rhino.com.

blackbirdr said:
I have now gotten this message over 5 times! WHAT IS GOING ON????

Your back/special order has not yet arrived. Please know that we are working on getting it for you as soon as possible. As soon as it arrives, your order will be shipped! In the event the product becomes unavailable, we will notify you. Thank you for your patience.

If you need to contact us, your order confirmation # is 295131104184a9.

B/O Qty Item # Title Available *
1 EA78283DVA BROWNE,JACKSON / RUNNING ON 12/31/25

* All items with an Available Date displayed are considered pre-release items. Pre-release items are not yet available for purchase. You should receive this item on or shortly after the date displayed.
If you have any questions, please contact us via:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (954)255-4831
In the US: (888)440-4232
International: (954)255-4160
Customer Service is open from 09:00AM until 09:00PM EST

Thank you for shopping at www.rhino.com.

They are just rubbing it in. You will never get it. :rolleyes:

I have always disliked Jackson Brown. I won't buy this disc even if it ever does come out. Lame Marin county laid back pseudo easy listening muzak. Bah! (n)

Who asked ya? :D

Well, I dig the title track, best thing he ever did....but this one has been on the shelf for so long you gotta wonder what's REALLY going on....:(

ED :)

I've held my peace about ol' JB for a long time. This DVD-A non-release is just getting ridiculous and quite old news. Just couldn't resist a dig at this over-pampered primadonna, the very probable reason for this title's permanent delay. "Not gettin' the job done in 5.1"

Back