Jazz Label Songlines at NativeDSD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humprof

Junior Senior
QQ Supporter
This might be a question for @ted_b: I'd either forgotten or never realized that NativeDSD had begun selling titles from the Canadian indie jazz label Songlines, which released a couple dozen albums in the mid-aughts with very good "in-the-room" 5.0 mixes. (Some but not all of those discs are still in print and available from Songlines' own web store.) So far NativeDSD has 21 titles. Do you know, Ted, if they'll eventually get the entire catalog?

Yes, we are hoping. I chat w Tony regularly. Anything specific I should ask? Dreams And Some Places is the latest release I prepared tags for.
They're all good. I'm especially fond of Michael Blake's Amor de Cosmos. Also the two by James Carney and two others by Brad Shepik.

Many of the Songlines SACDs, which have 5.0 or 5.1 tracks in addition to stereo, are available at bargain prices on Amazon, Ebay, etc if you check. I picked up almost all of the multi-channel ones and they are ripped into my system for ROON playback! Nothing against NativeDSD of course, as they are great and I regularly get albums from them!

I've done the same. I have two on the way from a discogs seller. Not a great bargain but cheaper than NativeDSD. Also a Roon user.

Back