JIM FOSGATE estate sale near Park City Utah starting 5/18

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't he invent a decoder? I recall the name Fosgate in Quad discussions.

I'd love to look through that vinyl collection! Some cool decor, too.
Per Wikipedia:
After his departure from Rockford Fosgate in 1981, Fosgate remained active in the audio world, running Fosgate Laboratories and leading the team that created Dolby Pro Logic II.[1][2][3][4][5] Fosgate was also the developer of one of the finest quadraphonic decoders, the TATE II 101A (see Stereo Quadraphonic for details), in collaboration with Peter Scheiber and Martin Willcocks, which was superseded by his 3601 decoder.

There might be some rare Quads or test pressings in the collection. It would be worth a look to see what’s there.
That was my thought! I'd be looking for hand-labeled boxes of tapes... might be an unreleased quad mix in that house.

And SW, when your 77" LG OLED TV 'conks out" .... a viabe replacement ....The ORIGINAL 'Boob Tube?'

I spied not one but two of those beautiful Philco Predicta TV's. I would love to have just one.

I did not see that wooden cabinet all vacuum tube PLII decoder. I also did not see the Forgotten Fosgate FAP-T1:
1684369671707.png

I see 2 interesting quad components on the shelves.

One is a Harmon Kardon Quad Receiver....you can see the joystick.

The other might be a CBS 100 Decoder....maybe? It looks like one.

Now I'm sure there are others as those pictures don't tell the whole story.

Lot's of disc's, cd and a large record library. Must be some unreleased SQ encodes I'd bet.

Back