Kate Bush - live shows in 2014!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Woke up this morning to this news and immediately checked the calendar...nope, not April 1:
http://pitchfork.com/news/54439-kate-bush-announces-first-live-shows-in-35-years/

I'd love to see this, and I'm going to check out the possibility but I doubt I can squeeze it in with other stuff on the go. I guess I'll probably have to be happy with a DVD or Blu-ray should she release one - and with 15 shows all at the same place I'm guessing some filming and recording is going to be done.

Woke up this morning to this news and immediately checked the calendar...nope, not April 1:
http://pitchfork.com/news/54439-kate-bush-announces-first-live-shows-in-35-years/

I'd love to see this, and I'm going to check out the possibility but I doubt I can squeeze it in with other stuff on the go. I guess I'll probably have to be happy with a DVD or Blu-ray should she release one - and with 15 shows all at the same place I'm guessing some filming and recording is going to be done.

I didn't believe this either when I read it. I'm glad (and very surprised) that's she's doing 15 dates at a relatively small venue, rather than a handful at a massive 'bring the binoculars' arena. Tickets on sale next week. I'm guessing they'll be expensive, but tickets for Hammersmith Odeon aren't normally silly money.

definitely worth a :banana: or two :banana::banana:

I decided to give this a miss in the end. Did anyone here go for tickets?

Once I saw the ticket prices, and read a little about the position of each price, the words "scandalous", "unacceptable", and "greed" sprung to mind :mad: I've been to Hammersmith Odeon loads of times and I love the venue, and I would normally try and get top price tickets. But apparently with these Kate Bush tickets the 2 cheapest price bands are for standing right at the back of the upstairs and the downstairs, the next 2 price bands are a very few of the back rows, with the top price being for all other seats. That's £145 plus (including the rip off booking fees) for a venue where the top price ticket rarely exceeds £40. Tickets for the Steve Hackett Genesis show at that venue later in the year are just under £40, including the booking fee!

Well that's my morning rant over, sorry for that :howl!! I'm on the wrong forum for that :chill

Anyway, I suppose Kate Bush's greed hasn't put off the buying masses, the tickets look like they all sold out in less than an hour. So I know I know, "supply and demand", "market forces".

I was lucky enough to get seated Circle tickets for the opening night when tickets went on sale for fans at the pre-sale on Wednesday.

I am beyond excited for this moment!! :D

Just to clarify, and I am in no way defending Kate, her management or the venue, the ticket price of £145 includes all fees. Even so, without the fees, they're pretty steep. But the maxim is that something is only worth what people are prepared to pay for it. Given that pre-sale tickets sold out in 15 minutes and general sale in a similar time frame, there is clearly demand ;)

I paid £64.90 a ticket which gets me at the back of the Circle. To witness this great woman live, I think that's a bargain ;)

Now, I wonder if Mr Wilson can persuade her to allow him to work his 5.1 magic on some of her material...?

I paid £64.90 a ticket which gets me at the back of the Circle. To witness this great woman live, I think that's a bargain ;)

Now, I wonder if Mr Wilson can persuade her to allow him to work his 5.1 magic on some of her material...?

Agreed, any Kate Bush in 5.1 would be wonderful. I did read a while ago that Kate doesn't have a lot of time for her really early albums, and that she has also blocked in the past expanded re releases of her 1979 concert video. That would be sad if it was true.

Yes, £64.90 is still a bargain to be part of this event. I did try briefly at 9.30 this morning, but was having no luck finding available tickets anyway at any price. Its unbelievable that the online tout sites like viagogo have tickets for this at £1000 plus PLUS 10% booking fees and other charges.

Agreed, any Kate Bush in 5.1 would be wonderful. I did read a while ago that Kate doesn't have a lot of time for her really early albums, and that she has also blocked in the past expanded re releases of her 1979 concert video. That would be sad if it was true.

Yes, £64.90 is still a bargain to be part of this event. I did try briefly at 9.30 this morning, but was having no luck finding available tickets anyway at any price. Its unbelievable that the online tout sites like viagogo have tickets for this at £1000 plus PLUS 10% booking fees and other charges.

Indeed. Ticket touts make me sick. In fact, any kind of scalper makes my piss boil. I'm preparing myself for Record Store Day and the arseholes who will try and profit horribly from that :howl :mad: :flame :smack:

Back