Kenwood KR-9040....Help needed

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hokietiger

Hello friends,

I have a KENWOOD KR-9040 QUAD RECEIVER that has a faulty power switch...It seems stick at times when depressed and it will not fully disengage (power remains partially on when the power button in the full "off" position). A moderately loud "hummmm" noise is prevalent in all phases when powered on.

All functions work properly and except the power issue...Also, a slight scent of burning began and I immediately unplugged the unit.

The unit was cleaned with "de-oxit" including the power switch...

Any suggestions??....Anyone know where I can find a replacement power switch??

Thanks for any help!!!

Mike

Power switches don't cause humming. A power switch causing a burning smell is unlikely as well, but staying "partially on" when off, does this mean the lights dim? That could be contacts arcing.

I'd vote for power switch and some filter caps that have gone bad (assuming audio still plays through all channels).

If the power switch can't be found, have it bypassed and use a power strip for on/off. I had a Marantz 1060 with a push-on/push-off power switch that had a similar problem and was able to fit a big toggle switch in it.

Back