Leading track on DVD-A disks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BearcatSandor

Folks,

I am playing DVD-A disks on my computer and an old DVD player (one of the first a Sony DVP-S7000). It's old enough it will not play DTS discs, so the 2002 edition of teh Queen DVD-A is unplayable.

Most DVD-As that I play seem to have a short track 1 that is blank. It is usually 10-40 seconds long, but that differs from disk to disk. No only do i get this long blank track, but it misnumbers the rest of the disk by 1. Does this happen on newer DVD players? Does it happen at all on DVD-A players. My computer drive is recent so I suspect it is a function of playing the DVD layer rather than the DVD-A layers.

Comments, Conclusions?

Bearcat

hi Bearcat

i don't think you have a problem at all. i think the 1st track is the main menu on the DVD-A them when you move or push play the 2nd track is auctualy the 1st music track i have the same thing on all 3 of my DVD players. i have DVD-A + SACD DVD player and a regular DVD player. and all do the same ?????? i'm a track ahead ????? thanks Gerardo

yeah, that's kinda what I thought. that's dumb though. Wny not just make the menu a separate title? Then the track number wouldn't be messed up.

Bearcat

Back