Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this one ? interesting.......many good tunes and a couple of fillers. Deacon Blue. I miss the 90s ( and the 80s, 70s and 60s !! )

deacanblue.jpg

Berlin - Pleasure Victim (1982/1983 Geffen Records)

(2020) Rubellan Remasters

1619310177129.jpeg

Not listed as an EP originally, this second album, coming in at only a total time of 29:07, was a breakthrough record for Berlin with the hits Metro and Sex (I’m a...) This remaster sounds really good with the exception of an excessive sibilance on Terri Nunn’s lead vocals.

I remember first hearing Berlin on the radio and on MTV back in the early eighties with their two big hits (listed above). Basically, I fell in love with Terri Nunn’s stunning good looks and style. It’s interesting that her vocals on this record are subdue in comparison to later Berlin efforts.

I just saw this Post on Rubellan Remasters Website by Scott Davies:

Unfortunately, I was really looking forward to that third Berlin album. And, The Fixx?? One of my all-time favorite bands. 😪
Love The Fixx, I had tickets at The Fillmore for The Fixx 88 or 89, had a date with this really hot chick, show up and had the wrong night, one week too early. That was first and last date, I was also married, I know TMI, but it was a long time ago.
Regarding the 3 Missing Persons, I have now listened to them all and Disc 1 I thought was real good and definately had there own sound, Disc 2 I felt getting away from Terry's drumming a bit, like a mix of the Bangles and Madonna, and Disc 3 just sounded like Madonna to me.

lets talk about this one. 1990. Album has spotless production. The D/Ls are awesome ( crankable ! ). Great musicianship. Guitars, violins, organs, harmonicas ........what more can a rocker want....buy this one !

here is a sample

Berlin - Love Life (1984 Geffen Records)

(2020) Rubellan Remasters

1619310674676.jpeg
Just look how beautiful Terri looks on the art cover.

I remember when this album first came out. I was around 22 years old and ran bull-legged down to the record store to pick up the record and cassette. I wore the cassette out and ended up selling off all my vinyl in 1985 never to hear this record again.....until recently via streaming. I’m so glad this album has gotten a remaster, and it sounds incredible. Terri’s voice sounds really powerful on this release. This should have been titled: Berlin featuring Terri Nunn. An underrated gem and a must-have in my collection.

When I first heard the song, Now It’s My Turn, I thought it was similar to the James Bond theme. 😁

Favorite songs:

All of them.

Bonus Tracks:

Rumor Of Love
Lost In The Crowd
No More Words (Dance Remix)
Now, It’s My Turn (Remix)
Dancing In Berlin (Dance Remix)

Love The Fixx, I had tickets at The Fillmore for The Fixx 88 or 89, had a date with this really hot chick, show up and had the wrong night, one week too early. That was first and last date, I was also married, I know TMI, but it was a long time ago.
That’s a good one!

I noticed the first three Oingo Boingo records are getting a remaster on both CD and Vinyl too. I love the A&M albums. They’re my favorite period of Oingo Boingo. I may have to purchase the colored vinyl too but that may force me into having to purchase a record player. 🤪

Call me an unabashed sentimentalist, but this COMPLETE SOUNDTRACK, a recreation of the complete score for composer Miklós Rózsa's BEN HUR under the capable baton of Nic Raine conducting the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus is ASTOUNDING [Tadlow Music/2 RBCDs]

91Ce5jxl%2BPL._SL1500_.jpg

Tangerine Dream - White Eagle
1984 1st press West Germany
https://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/88081Been listening to a lot of T.D. lately and my favorite is the Johannes Schmoelling period.
There's a fantastic long song on this "Mojave Plan"
Start with a solid base of T.D. - marinate well in Kraftwerk and lightly season with Amon Düül II & Floyd. You get this patchwork quilt of different styles making what I consider a masterpiece.

PXL_20210427_004510372.MP.jpg
PXL_20210427_004252395.MP.jpg

On a solid recommendation from Tokyo Lute, this fantastic Rubellan remaster

Primarily known for their 1981 UK hit 'I'm In Love with a German Film Star', The Passions were much more than one song. Their third and final album, Sanctuary, shows further growth in the band's development from stark Post-Punk to classy sophistication. The single 'Jump for Joy ' opens the album in a new direction, adding keyboards and danceability to compliment Barbara Gogan's beautiful voice. Encompassing various styles, Sanctuary will take you from the frantic excitement of 'Your Friend' and the pop sensibility of 'Love is Essential', to the experimental 'Cars Driven Fast' and the obsessive 'Hold On Don't Go'. Included in the generous 9 bonus tracks are B sides, the non-album single 'Africa Mine', and several live tracks, including a stellar rendition of 'I'm In Love with a German Film Star'. This debut CD appearance of Sanctuary has been dynamically remastered from original master tapes and provides a comprehensive overview of The Passions' 1982 output.

71E5xo7JpnL._SL1500_.jpg

Back