Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Wednesday Morning People !

Starting off with...

the fireman - Rushes

1625662100688.png 1625662122622.png

Mea Culpa!

I bought Strawberries on a 1st pressing UK Parlophone CD in November '93.

I see in the photo that yours is a Capitol CD, released in US the following February. I should have spotted that Capitol logo on your post.

MPL doesn't appear on any later UK or Europe pressings, nor the Capitol. Just like the missing chatter on the US Capitol Sgt. Pepper lead-out groove.

My guess is that Macca wasn't happy about the MPL reference, hence EMI removed it on future pressings. Likely EMI snuck it in to sell more copies. That logo did appear in many UK promo versions, too.

It was not the first pseudonym he used. He was credited on Steve Miller's "My Dark Hour" on "Brave New World" as Paul Ramon. Then, there was the cute little 45 on A&M UK by Susie (Linda Macca) and the Red Stripes. It was on yellow vinyl, ala a Little Golden Record. Don't forget the re-imagined Ram album credited to Percy "Thrills" Thrillington.

There is also a promo single that was released with a nude woman on the cover:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/fireman-rushes-promo-12-uk-mccartney-166647322
My bad....

Hey Linda,
I've looked over both of the first two fireman CDs and can't find a MPL logo anywhere on my discs, just "juggler music" and capital music...
Now the third fireman disc has McCartney announced all over it including the MPL (a juggler) logo.

IMG_0020.JPG

Climax Blues Band - Tightly Knit

Or is it Climax Chicago, their name was all over the place back then.
Another good album, some of the songs though definitely bluesy lean more to rock than previous records, while others stick to the formula. The last two tracks 'Bide My Time' and 'That's All' are unusual in a good way.
Sound quality on this disc is a slight step back from A Lot of Bottle but no real problems.

Last edited:
Hey Linda,
I've looked over both of the first two fireman CDs and can't find a MPL logo anywhere on my discs, just "juggler music" and capital music...
Now the third fireman disc has McCartney announced all over it including the MPL (a juggler) logo.

That describes my EMI Music Canada copy.
No mpl logo to be found , just says the copyrights are owned by juggler music
Has the Parlophone logo in place of Capitol on the back and the alignment of the title across the front & back of the booklet is different

IMG_0024.JPG

Last edited:
That describes my EMI Music Canada copy.
No mpl logo to be found , just says the copyrights are owned by juggler music
Has the Parlophone logo in place of Capitol on the back and the alignment of the title across the front & back of the booklet is different

View attachment 68822
I believe the alignment is the same for both of our versions. The pictures I posted were two separate images of the front and back of the insert rearranged so that you could easily read the title of the disc.... Mine folds open to look like yours. Also, Linda stated above that the MPL logo was removed after the very first pressing in '93.

Back