Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A REAL Trip down Memory Lane from Enoch Light's COMMAND LABEL. Actually reproduced from Stereo Open Reel Tape by HDTT on a 192/24 DVD~Audio disc. Superb Sonics and NOT kitchy at all ... well, maybe a little!

See the source image

https://www.highdeftapetransfers.ca/products/bongos-los-admiradores?_pos=647&_sid=5a9c79a0e&_ss=r

Last edited:
20454D5D-B22C-4472-AAE8-FF51500B9C48.jpeg

Pleasant album but really laid back with lots of strings, I like most of her other records better. Who Will Comfort Me at least has some zing, nice gospel vibe.
This version has a bonus disc recorded live in Paris

Waiting for my Lockdown Japan only bonus track CD

Patrick Simmons So Wrong (extended) for The Rang:

Knockin" from Arcade:

listening to:
Inner Blue - Klaus Doldinger's Passport German CD
Y Kant Tori Rede
Time Passages CD 1 (original album)
Barefoot Ballet - John Klemmer

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Y Kant Tori Read, local store had a Record Store Day copy of the CD recently.
Wasn’t sure if I really needed it, then went back a couple of days later…..gone.
You snooze……

Levitation - Need For Not. Proper early 90s obscurity. Coming off the back of the fractional success of "The House Of Love" Terry Bickers next project was Levitation. A kind of prog-rock inspired indie band. The closest analogy I can make is - If Blur were inspired by The Kinks, and Oasis by The Beatles, then Levitation we're inspired by the heavier elements of prog, mix in something which is like The Pixies and you get this. For me this is the great "what if" of the proto-britpop era of the early 90s. What if Bickers had held it together long enough for their second album to be released (it was 25 years later). The potential is there to hear, it just self destructed almost at birth.

921372_10152180956508332_414602331_o.jpg

Is a case in point.

Sixtyten
Great write up of a fine album. Thank you. Bickers was the firecracker of The House of Love. Guy Chadwick being the main man - but Bickers provided electricity. Loved HOL. Loved it even more with Bickers Case in point with this youtube audio clip of Never

Last edited:
Back