Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visage BEAT BOY [Rubellan remaster] Another superb remaster with copious bonus tracks

R.22debba3aed1fc8e6d420e5e624a3710

I like Ultravox but I never did warm up to Visage.

By the way, I just preordered the two Slow Children CD’s from Rubellan Remasters. I used to have all 3 released records on Vinyl but they were lost in a UPS shipment when I moved in the early nineties. I managed to pick up the two US release albums from a used record store last Fall. It’s odd that Scott chose to use the European release cover on/for the first album.

The North American release looked like this:

A974C1E9-0CF6-4437-99CD-56F0AED438EA.jpeg

I like Ultravox but I never did warm up to Visage.

By the way, I just preordered the two Slow Children CD’s from Rubellan Remasters. I used to have all 3 released records on Vinyl but they were lost in a UPS shipment when I moved in the early nineties. I managed to pick up the two US release albums from a used record store last Fall. It’s odd that Scott chose to use the European release cover on/for the first album.

The North American release looked like this:

View attachment 78627

I was wondering about those two Rubellan SLOW CHILDREN remasters. Never heard of them. Will have to do a You Tube search!

I was wondering about those two Rubellan SLOW CHILDREN remasters. Never heard of them. Will have to do a You Tube search!
Well, today, I would say they’re an acquired taste. When they first came out, I couldn’t believe how good they were. Personally, I feel they still are. Pal Shazar has a different type of voice. More talking than singing. In other words, she talks more than sings through the songs. That’s the best way I can describe it. I’ve never heard anything since. Though, you have to really dig the music in order to appreciate it. There are free mp3’s of their music off a link on Wikipedia.

Since 10 days ago when I last posted in this thread:

Mr. Lucky Goes Latin - Mancini Japan CD
Cream of Eric Clapton German CD '87 comp different cover & track lineup from US
The Fighters - Lo Cash
Heart of Rock & Roll Best of Huey Lewis '92 Dutch comp.
Law of the Fish - (New Orleans) Radiators
Walking Into Clarksdale - Page & Plant
Complete Columbia Chart Singles - Andy Williams 2 CD
Under Lock & Key - Dokken
My Son the Box - Allan Sherman 6 CD Rhino Handmade

https://www.discogs.com/release/5612360-Allan-Sherman-My-SonBox

8B017932-76B2-40F5-AAC7-9CA6E90635F4.jpeg
Lisa Germano - Happiness

The original version of this album, on Capitol, before she went to 4AD where it was partially remixed, resequenced and a couple of song (including These Boots Were Made For Walking) were dropped in favour of other tracks.
Which iteration is better?
I’m thinking maybe the 4AD, but nice to have the “lost” tracks and original mixes.

Yesterday's spins and a few more from the last couple weeks:

Singles A's & B's and more 1949 - '53 - Weavers UK 2 CD
Psonic Psunspot - Dukes (XTC) UK CD expanded
A Day in the Life - Wes Montgomery Japan CD
Suitable for Framing - Three Dog Night
Pyramid of the Moon - Azteca Japan CD
Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd - Monkees expanded
Swiss Movement - Les McCann & Eddie Harris expanded
Wayne's World sdtk
You Smile...the Song Begins - Herb Alpert
Who's Next German CD
Young Vic (live) & bonus tracks from 2 CD expanded Who's Next