Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Mr. Diament mastered this one. It sounds incredible. Especially bass & drums. You can crank it way up...
I'm surprised that the DR isn't higher.
Located my copy of So Far by CSN&Y and it’s mastered by Barry Diamant. It exhibits a very organic and crankable sound. Hope I have a few more Diamant remasters awaiting me in my CD collection!

What other remastering engineers are reknown for their disdain for compression? I know Steve Hoffman’s well respected for his work. I used to really like the sound of Joe Gastwirt remasters, but I need to lend them an ear in light of what I’ve learned about the Loudness Wars in recent years.

Located my copy of So Far by CSN&Y and it’s mastered by Barry Diamant. It exhibits a very organic and crankable sound. Hope I have a few more Diamant remasters awaiting me in my CD collection!

What other remastering engineers are reknown for their disdain for compression? I know Steve Hoffman’s well respected for his work. I used to really like the sound of Joe Gastwirt remasters, but I need to lend them an ear in light of what I’ve learned about the Loudness Wars in recent years.
A crude/easy way to identify early CD's is to look for the ones with the thick plastic jewel case.

Good Morning ! Today I’m continuing on from the last couple of days with...

King Crimson - USA

1582722696175.jpeg

This will finish up this run through of the 70s King Crimson. I remember that I bought an import copy of this album back then and the cover was so smooth and shiny that it seemed to almost glow...just more King Crimson Magic!

This is the second time that I couldn’t find an exact match to post... This is a stereo DVD-Audio disk....not SACD. If there is a better thread for this, please let me know!

King Crimson - USA

View attachment 46699

This will finish up this run through of the 70s King Crimson. I remember that I bought an import copy of this album back then and the cover was so smooth and shiny that it seemed to almost glow...just more King Crimson Magic!

This is the second time that I couldn’t find an exact match to post... This is a stereo DVD-Audio disk....not SACD. If there is a better thread for this, please let me know!
No one is going to nitpick about placement of your post. That said, I often use "all about music" when I can't think where to post something.

King Crimson - USA

View attachment 46699

Like GOS said, no one really cares, but this thread is for plain old non surround CD's (RBCD's).
DVD-Audio, SACD, etc or any source in surround would use this : QQ surround page
Listening now to SACD (stereo or mono) would use this: QQ SACD page
Listening now to FLAC stereo: Listening now to FLAC stereo
If you happen to be inquiring or listening to MOFI discs: QQ MOFI thread
The way I use QQ is to use all the different sub posts for stereo/mono listening and to use the Listening in surround for any and all surround releases whatever format it comes in.
The search box has never been that good on QQ but once you become an old timer it gets easier to remember things..
I always like your posts and pictures.

So im spinning a copy of Clapton back home cd cuz the dualdisc i bought won't spin the dvda side :(

Also just played cd from Kansas set Miracles out of nowhere...great disvc but really wish the interviews werent on it

Back