Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sophie Zelmani "The World Ain't Pretty"
[IMG]

A great piece of Italian PROG ..Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso..Lo Sono Nato Libero kicking of this afternoons listening session.
(Ok, I don't understand the lyrics..other than tranquillo and bambino lol, but the music is great !)
View attachment 84845
Great choice for listening! Their most recent, Orlando: Le Forme dell'Amore is wonderful, and apparently based on an ancient poem.

their new album. I like it - its very good IMHO

View attachment 84881
I purchased the nine song limited edition vinyl and was not impressed. Maybe, it’ll get better with repeat listening sessions but it may just be me getting used to the album. It sucks that only 3 tracks have an actual drum kit. Planet Zero is a really good song, the best on the album and has an actual drum kit.

How are the bonus tracks on your two CD Deluxe Edition?

I purchased the nine song limited edition vinyl and was not impressed. Maybe, it’ll get better with repeat listening sessions but it may just be me getting used to the album. It sucks that only 3 tracks have an actual drum kit. Planet Zero is a really good song, the best on the album and has an actual drum kit.

How are the bonus tracks on your two CD Deluxe Edition?

Perps
grab a good beer, chill , and listen.

Im listening via CD. You are listening via LP. Perps, could that be the difference ? IDK.....I am a Simple Minds fan and I find it to be a fine album

9D1ED52E-3FB4-47CA-8CD7-B4D4D3B6E803.jpeg

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

Always found this album title uncomfortable, more so now.
The 3CD/1DVD set so the main album played in 24/96 LPCM. Sounds fine.
Disc 2 (Demos & B-Sides) is good.
Sound like demos but prefer the stripped down versions better than the finished product in some cases.

AF1F9DD7-D68D-4F1E-955C-8F1EFB96561F.jpeg

The Smiths - Live In Boston

Disc 3 from The Queen Is Dead box set (see previous post above).
Not the greatest live recording I’ve ever heard (it’s rough) but decent energy and the songs come across well.

Last edited:
Back