Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool DLJ. I see it says "Volume 1 , 1960"

Does that mean there was one for every year in the decade, and if so, do you have the others?

Edit: should have checked Amazon before I posted. I see one for 60, 61, 62 so there were at least 3.
So far in this series they've done 1959-1962. To my ears their remasters are the best and I've done a lot of comparisons. Ace Records comes close with their remasters. If you'd like oldies go check them out, https://ericrecords.com. If you thinking of buying any of their cds get them from their sight, free shipping if you buy 3 or more and some great sales from time to time, my go t when it comes to oldies. I'll be post 1962 tonight.

I concur. ERIC Records has gotten much better in recent years and the label releases some excellent sounding stereo oldies compilations. Historically, most of what they do is DES stereo, so, just be aware of that. Like I say, the lion's share of what they do now is of excellent quality. However, I'd be a bit careful about buying some of their very old collections. DES technology and methods have taken a giant leap forward since the early days of ERIC and (IMO) there is a direct correlation between the early DES processing methods and ERIC's early discs. I think they can sometimes be a hit-or-miss affair. Of course, this is only my opinion and, as always, YMMV.

Though I’ve read many references to ERIC Records, in all my years of collecting I’ve never seen one of their releases in the flesh.
Do they sell direct only or are they available from the usual places?

I concur. ERIC Records has gotten much better in recent years and the label releases some excellent sounding stereo oldies compilations. Historically, most of what they do is DES stereo, so, just be aware of that. Like I say, the lion's share of what they do now is of excellent quality. However, I'd be a bit careful about buying some of their very old collections. DES technology and methods have taken a giant leap forward since the early days of ERIC and (IMO) there is a direct correlation between the early DES processing methods and ERIC's early discs. I think they can sometimes be a hit-or-miss affair. Of course, this is only my opinion and, as always, YMMV.
Uncle, I'm very technologically challenged mostly plug and play capable. l know they use DES from time to time and recently AI. I have had no problem with either, my ear being my guide and what releases sound the best to me is how I roll. I'm glad just to get something in stereo that wasn't currently available. Anything in particular that you thought sucked?

This box set (4 Discs) is a must for the Blues/Rock fan.
True To The Blues-The Johnny Winter Story.
Dynamic Range is all over the place between the 4 discs, but still a great listen.
R-5598048-1398535526-7226.jpg

Thank you for the information on Eric Records. I am interested in hearing the Stereo versions of many of these oldies. I trust the sound quality is as good as you say. I'm sure it is and look forward to receiving my order. Thanks again.

Tim

Thank you for the information on Eric Records. I am interested in hearing the Stereo versions of many of these oldies. I trust the sound quality is as good as you say. I'm sure it is and look forward to receiving my order. Thanks again.

Tim
Tim, Let me know what you think when you get your order. Which titles did you buy?

3CE35D7A-40AC-4990-B1ED-C7EB235DF230.jpeg

Wes Montgomery - In the Beginning

Archival release of predominately live recordings from the mid to late 50’s, though it does include 5 studio tracks recorded for Epic Records and produced by a young Quincy Jones.
Sound is decent considering what it is.
My first set from Resonance Records, I’ll buy more.

Here's a not particularly well known, but terrific disc from 1995... P. Hux (aka Parthenon Huxley) heading up a tight little three-piece unit for an album called, "Deluxe". This thing is a delight from beginning to end and once you hear it, you'll want to hear it again. See if you can identify the lift in "Playing Her Guitar." Good stuff!

View attachment 102439
View attachment 102440

P. Hux - One More Day In The Life (1995)
View attachment 102442

P. Hux - Simple Things (1995)
View attachment 102443

P. Hux - California (1995)
View attachment 102444

P. Hux - Playing Her Guitar (1995)
View attachment 102445
It looks like no spotted the lift in "Playing Her Guitar," or didn't listen to it. To my ear, the basic chord structure sounds an awful lot like "A Groovy Kind Of Love." Agree? Disagree? Or, am I off my rocker?? :rocks :ROFLMAO:

Free Design
Kites Are Fun and
You Coujd Be Born Again
Disc 1 from the box set

Yes 4ears I finally picked it up. Great arrangements great voices great sound quality....
They had no chance with Led Zeppelin on the radio...

Back