Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A stunning new Atmos recording of Brian Eno's ambient Music For Airports by Bruce Brubaker on solo grand piano.
Thunderous bass drones achieved by EBow-like magnetic inductor driver coils.
You've never heard acoustic piano like this.

This is the first album I have done that uses Dolby Atmos. For “Eno Piano,” there were five days of recording sessions at Studio Besco in France.
My engineer Martin Antiphon recorded with many mics — essentially an array of 12.
During mixing and mastering, all that material was used to allow spatialization, and movement.

https://headphonecommute.com/2023/11/08/in-the-studio-with-bruce-brubaker/
1701272667904.png

A stunning new Atmos recording of Brian Eno's ambient Music For Airports by Bruce Brubaker on solo grand piano.
Thunderous bass drones achieved by EBow-like magnetic inductor driver coils.
You've never heard acoustic piano like this.

This is the first album I have done that uses Dolby Atmos. For “Eno Piano,” there were five days of recording sessions at Studio Besco in France.
My engineer Martin Antiphon recorded with many mics — essentially an array of 12.
During mixing and mastering, all that material was used to allow spatialization, and movement.

https://headphonecommute.com/2023/11/08/in-the-studio-with-bruce-brubaker/
View attachment 98821

I'm flying out of Heathrow on Saturday on my business trip, if I don't hear it I'll complain to the staff :LOL:

And a good example of what compressed Atmos streaming can still provide! Folks who call streamed Atmos "unlistenable" must have much better/different hearing than I do, and mine has been pretty damn good for awhile now.....maybe too long. :)
It’s called ‘confirmation bias’…

As my friend A.I. tells me:
In other words my brain cannot handle how this could possibly sound good, therefore it is labeled ‘unlistenable’ to avoid this confusion, and the undesirable emotions attached to this mental state.

Rolling Stones - Honk got a little shakeup recently.
There are two Deluxe Editions (one with Living in a Ghost Town at track 1, one without) and the live version of Bitch with David Grohl has been removed (shows as no longer available in my library). Looks like maybe the animated artwork is new too?

Boy, Paul Hicks’ Atmos mix of Billy Idol’s Rebel Yell album is dreadful. It’s reminiscent of those terrible WEA mixes we got that are essentially all channel stereo.

At least on Tidal, the prior Atmos mixes for the tracks Rebel Yell and Flesh For Fantasy are still available as singles. There is no immersive mix engineer credit for Rebel Yell, but Flesh For Fantasy is credited to Chris Cohan.

Back