Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes!! 🤯 how odd.. yet his other albums that were in Atmos are still in Atmos! 🤔

After checking my saved playlist for 'All Things Must Pass' and finding , as advised, it was no longer in Atmos, I went on a quest... The atmos version is here
.....Most of you probably discovered this days ago...

After checking my saved playlist for 'All Things Must Pass' and finding , as advised, it was no longer in Atmos, I went on a quest... The atmos version is here
.....Most of you probably discovered this days ago...
Hard to keep track of all the releases including this one that’s 12 George Harrison albums in Atmos, which must just about be the entire collection?

Last edited:
Two albums released today 12/1 on Apple Music. One, titled " i/0 (In Side Mix) " with his 12 recent releases in Lossless and the second titled simply "I/O" with the releases in Hi Res Lossless both Bright Side mix and also Dark Side mix.
for some odd reason, this album version can only be found via search
You can buy the blu-ray on Bandcamp

Last edited:
More Bee Gees!!
https://tidal.com/album/332021738All mixes by Eric Schilling
only trying these through AirPods at the moment so no idea how it all pans out on speakers but it sounds like a new mix of "Nights On Broadway" and seemingly one that more closely resembles the actual song as opposed to the previous Atmos mix that.. well, frankly i don't know what the heck the old one was all about!! 😅😂

old Atmos version's still here (for now) if you need a good laugh 😅

new Atmos Vn.

Last edited:
only trying these through AirPods at the moment so no idea how it all pans out on speakers but it sounds like a new mix of "Nights On Broadway" and seemingly one that more closely resembles the actual song as opposed to the previous Atmos mix that.. well, frankly i don't know what the heck the old one was all about!! 😅😂

new Atmos Vn.

The “old” Atmos mix is credited to Chandler Harrod. He also mixed the “full version” of You Should Be Dancing.

The “old” Atmos mix is credited to Chandler Harrod. He also mixed the “full version” of You Should Be Dancing.
i dunno about 'should be dancing', he 'should be..' brushing up on his craft, perhaps! 😅 that mix was.. ugh.. i don't want to be horrid to Mr. Harrod.. 🙏 oh it was.. let's say, 'inauthentic'!? 😳

i'm not at all against the odd mix difference when going from Stereo to Surround but it was almost like they'd used wrong/alternate parts and that the aim had been to expressly make it sound absolutely nothing like the brilliant original!! 😅😂

i don't think i've compared the mixes of the two versions of "You Should Be Dancing", the short version on the Timeless compilation is fine so i just play that. to be honest if the track went on too long i'd get a headache and have to skip to the next song anyway! ✌️😎👍

is this the "old" Atmos mix by Chandler Harrod?

..and this is the 'new' Atmos mix by Eric Schilling?

straight out the gate, the first mix has too much Bass for my tastes, it's boomy in a way the original was not and percussive elements are dialled back too much, making the track feel lifeless and cludgey when it should be anything but.. there's a synth pad that sticks out like a sore thumb in the mix and little harmony and backing vocal bits ("ooh's" and "aah's") pointlessly pop up in the Rears, adding nothing immersive to the mix.

the second mix is to me much more balanced front to back/side to side/up and around, yet it has all the excitement and indeed drama (!) of the original Stereo, the first Atmos mix is totally lacking in this regard.

in the second mix all the propulsive percussion's routed to the Surrounds, as well as the incredible brass section - do i make you horny bay-bee!!!! 🎺 🤩 OOMF!! you betcha!! just brilliant!! 😅😂

if the Timeless mix is by Eric Schilling then for me it trounces Chandler Harrod's earlier effort.

new Atmos Vn.

Just played both back-to-back. Downmixed to 5.1, I like both mixes, I think they each have things going for them. But I do agree that the new mix is the superior version. I like the hard-panned piano (to the rear right) in the new mix. Although I do prefer the falsetto response vocal in the chorus being all the way in the rears on the first mix. The new mix feels more discrete.

Back