Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for Dolby Atmos streamers: When I use my Apple TV 4K to stream Dolby Atmos with the Tidal App and Apple Music App I find that the volume levels are considerably lower using the Tidal App versus the Apple Music App. The Apple Music App just sounded more robust with more fidelity. I really have to crank up the volume with the Tidal App. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for your comments on the subject!

Question for Dolby Atmos streamers: When I use my Apple TV 4K to stream Dolby Atmos with the Tidal App and Apple Music App I find that the volume levels are considerably lower using the Tidal App versus the Apple Music App. The Apple Music App just sounded more robust with more fidelity. I really have to crank up the volume with the Tidal App. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for your comments on the subject!
Yep. That's why I don't use Tidal for Atmos. I'm only listening to the streams in 5.1 but the volume difference between stereo and Atmos on Tidal is huge.

same for me, not only on apple tv 4k but also on lg smartphones, so huge in the latter that tidal at maximum volume was often not enough for me. so i deleted tidal app.

I posted this in a new thread, and realized it might make more sense to list it here......

Hi...I have an Amazon Firestick that I am using to play Tidal tracks in Dolby ATMOS. The Firestick is plugged into my Marantz SR-5015 AVR. I was using a non-Roku TV, and all worked fine. My son gave me a larger Roku TV, and I can't get Tidal to play tracks in ATMOS - they are all in stereo. When I play the Firestick AMTOS test file, it plays fine in ATMOS through the Roku TV. Any suggestions of how to address this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Since I posted that, I received this from Tidal:

"Thank you for reaching out to TIDAL Support. It's important to note that Roku TVs do not support Dolby Atmos, which is likely the reason why you're experiencing stereo playback instead of Dolby Atmos. While the Firestick itself supports Dolby Atmos, the TV it's connected to must also support this audio format to enjoy Dolby Atmos content."

So I might have my answer right there, unfortunately.

Back