Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry Fast's / Synergy "Cords" from 1st pressing clear vinyl/gatefold LP to stereo DVD-A 96/24...man , it's WILD...the rears are SO clear at times , it's the closest to Quad you'll get!!!(DPL II Movie)

Larry Fast's / Synergy "Cords" from 1st pressing clear vinyl/gatefold LP to stereo DVD-A 96/24...man , it's WILD...the rears are SO clear at times , it's the closest to Quad you'll get!!!(DPL II Movie)

Hey - Kap!

You need a Surround Master!

Listening to OZric Tentacles on the surround master is what I think feels like to take acid. Ive never tried acid, but I think that is the feelin.

for those that have nevere lsitenend to Ozric Tentacles, start by listening to Spirals in Hyperspace album, Its crazy progressive space rock, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

One of the best LPs I have ever owned...I LOVE this one...so sad he left the building after this....
Lowell George- "Thanks I'll eat it here"
These are one of those records ALL of you should listen to at least once in your lifetime....you will not regret it

R-1329678-1312909583.jpeg

One of the best LPs I have ever owned...I LOVE this one...so sad he left the building after this....
Lowell George- "Thanks I'll eat it here"
These are one of those records ALL of you should listen to at least once in your lifetime....you will not regret it

View attachment 10265

I LOVE it too!! Gorgeous album!!!

Have you tried the Rhino/Warner Archives CD through PLII?
It sounds amazing..!!!

I LOVE it too!! Gorgeous album!!!

Have you tried the Rhino/Warner Archives CD through PLII?
It sounds amazing..!!!

Nope, bought a sealed LP -US WB-and it sounds heavenly...and yes, decodes extremely well in DPL II...it's a hell of a production...sounds like it was recorded yesterday!

Nope, bought a sealed LP -US WB-and it sounds heavenly...and yes, decodes extremely well in DPL II...it's a hell of a production...sounds like it was recorded yesterday!

pretty sure the CD reissue has the same mastering as the old CD and that in turn must use the same source as the old LP, cos it don't half sound fabulous in PLII.

I played it back for my one and only offline surroundaholic friend and he was gobsmacked at the results, it was that good! he also loved the album (one he'd never heard of before) and he promptly went and bought it. another convert to the album.. though I think he stopped short of getting any Little Feat albums afterwards.

it sure is a stunningly well-produced album.. but then with the almost embarrassing wealth of talent involved in the production in the studio (George Massenberg, Donn Landee, etc) how could Lowell have failed.. ?!?

oh and the list of artists involved reads like a "Who's Who?!" of the time (Jim Keltner, Jeff Porcaro, James Newton Howard, David Paich, David Foster, Nicky Hopkins, J.D. Souther, Bonnie Raitt.. writing collaborations with Van Dyke Parks, Ann Peebles and songs by Jimmy Webb, Allen Toussaint, the list goes on..

Incredible stuff.

Smahing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

Sounds amazing through the surround master. One if the best ive heard. Sounds almost discrete...

Smahing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

Sounds amazing through the surround master. One if the best ive heard. Sounds almost discrete...

I'll have to give that a go..... ..

Peter Gabriel - Birdy - 9/10....

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie is next...:smokin

Found out something quite special...the only Genesis concert I had ever been to is in "Wolfgang's Vault" (missing a few songs, though , like "Follow you ,Follow me", but hey, it's almost complete, stage banter and all...they REALLY were enjoying the Peruvian marching powder back then)....Nov 27 1983 in the Spectrum, Philly.
I had even recorded it with my "Recordable Stereo Walkman" (not much of a Stereo image, though...and really poor bandwidth, but I always got chrome cassettes...and remember listening endless times to that -I also recorded Yes, King Crimson-btw, the KC one is on their website from another cassette audience recorder-, Rush, etc...they are all in cassette heaven now!)

This recording sounds better (after a few EQ tweaks here and there) than any official recording from them ,,,and it's a wonderful concert...
This was either recorded in a Multitrack , or the FOH engineer was a freakin' wizard!
Love finding concerts I went to that were officially recorded....

Cheers,
:smokin

Ahhh, Phil's is on my "to get on LP" list...remember playing it to death while being a DJ when it came out in that FM station ....

Breakfast at Tiffany's - Henry Mancini Japan XRCD 10/10 A wonderful movie and a soundtrack at least as good. My Mom was nuts about this and bought it originally. I've had an LP, Japan LP, CD & XRCD of this. Synthesizes spectacularly. Horns seem a bit astringent on Something for Cat, which makes Kwad Kitty's ears perk up. The rest of the disc is a revelation. Although the Japan & original issue Living Stereo LP's sounded outstanding for their time, the XRCD is worth the extra $$, if you can find it. Imitation is the best form of flattery. Mancini pays cool jazz the highest compliment by emulating the style and using players like Laurindo Almeida, Shelly Manne, Pete Candori, and Milt Holland,

B00005LVYZ.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Back