Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you 100%. I am going to see Joe Satriani with Marco Minneman as the drummer I think late February at The Fox in Oakland, will be my second time seeing Joe.
I used to get all uptight looking at the DR Loudness list and not purchase because of numbers and I decided that was stupid on my part, now I never look any more. I just trust with downloads like HDtracks at 24bit I am getting a little bit better than a 16bit RBCD. Funny twist is, for less money I can buy the RBCD, rip it for home listening and play it in my car, and one of the points, logic, for compressing is it sounds better in the car, which they do. As I have said before the music industry has us by the balls with our money.

My last concert is ages ago, Fear Factory in Holland and some locall stuff I don't even remember. Hope you have a great time seeing Joe the Wizzard. :banana:

Anyone familiar with this? Too bad it's so loud but the music is great and doesn't even sound bad.

nbrjih.jpg

Sorry for the off topic post but can you point me to where/how you guys are getting the foobar2000 skin the way it's shown here?

Oh, remember the first time I picked up that record, it was so much more than the regular progressive rockish metal. Been a follower ever since.

Curious, does that spectogram just below the artword really show the real dynamic range?

Oh, remember the first time I picked up that record, it was so much more than the regular progressive rockish metal. Been a follower ever since.

Curious, does that spectogram just below the artword really show the real dynamic range?

I guess so :(:

foobar2000 1.3.8 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2016-02-23 21:11:08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Riverside / Out of Myself
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR5 -0.18 dB -7.86 dB 12:04 01-The Same River
DR5 -0.18 dB -6.57 dB 3:46 02-Out of Myself
DR7 -0.18 dB -10.88 dB 4:17 03-I Believe
DR7 -0.18 dB -8.60 dB 6:17 04-Reality Dream
DR6 -0.18 dB -6.98 dB 4:53 05-Loose Heart
DR6 -0.18 dB -6.97 dB 4:48 06-Reality Dream II
DR6 -0.18 dB -8.12 dB 4:40 07-In Two Minds
DR6 -0.18 dB -7.40 dB 8:02 08-The Curtain Falls
DR6 -0.50 dB -9.97 dB 4:46 09-OK

Number of tracks: 9
Official DR value: DR6

Samplerate: 44100 Hz
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 24
Bitrate: 671 kbps
Codec: FLAC

Specweb:

eaglelong_zpsgki2uog2.jpg

Think all the Eagle albums sounds good after SpecWeb upmix.

Tried some Don Henley solo albums with bad result. But a Glenn Frey solo album sounded good.

I did :couch , click on the yes in my previous post and it all happens :banana:

Hmmm... I need to hack it to display 6 level meters. IT doesn't do that unless you "unlock" the peak meter, in which case it's all jumbled up over other stuff.

Anybody done that?

Can you define "Bad Result"?

The soundstage are not balanced, and some of the instruments dominate and sounds harsh. I think it is a result of not the best of quality recordings.

I have done a number of upmixes now - and albums that are recorded and mixed in high quality, very often gives a great result - typical Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler.

The waveform seekbar is ok and showing 6 channels. It's the horizontal meters at the bottom that only show stereo, unless I "unlock" the layout. Then they show all six but are over the top of everything else in the bottom pane.

Back