• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

LP Transfers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMEA

I have a few quad lp's that I would like to have transfered to 4.0 quad and I don't have the right equipment to do it properly.. Any volunteers?

Example: SQ

Attachments

• Great Songs of the BEATLES QUAD.jpg
    Great Songs of the BEATLES QUAD.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
What are you missing for the transfer?

The works! All I have are quad reel to reels. No quad turntables, decoders, amps. I'm just looking for a trustworthy person to make the transfers for me. They can keep the lp's. I just want a copy of the transfers on to disk.

SQ or QS lp can be transfered to digital with any stereo soundcard, no extra hassle involved.
After that you can run the Adobe Audition script for the software decoding, which is at present time the best option, then do a dts cd or a dvd-a or a multichannel wma or flac.
So, it's not a big problem by itself.
Maybe knowing two things can ease out the question:
1) what do you have and want to be converted
2) where you are.
Why:
1) lot of quads are already converted in some format, so if the hard work has already been done, why do it again?
2) here we're from at least 4 continent, so it's hard to guess if there's something close to you without knowing your location.

Can it be done with Cooledit Pro 2.1
Are there step-by-step instructions somewhere that I can read to do it?

1) Great Songs of The Beatles (Capitol SQ) lp
2) Country Joe & the Fish - Greatest Hits (Vanguard Surround Sound) Reel-to-Reel
3) Hair (RCA Quadra-disc)
4) Seals & Crofts - I'll Play for You (Discrete Quad) Reel-to-Reel
5) Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze (Discrete Quad) Reel-to-Reel
6) Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed (Discrete Quad) Reel-to-Reel
7) Moody Blues - Treshold Of A Dream (Discrete Quad) Reel-to-Reel
8) Heins Hoffman-Richter Music to Freak Your Friends and Break Your Lease

I have to look through my 4000 lp's to see what else I have in quad.

Attachments

• creelmckuen_1622.jpg
    creelmckuen_1622.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 241
TMEA, Did you get your quad reels transferred? I have a 4-track reel-to-reel machine, multi-track recording software, and DVD-Audio software. I could take a crack at it if you still need them transferred.

Back