HiRez Poll Marillion - AN HOUR BEFORE IT'S DARK [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Marillion - AN HOUR BEFORE IT'S DARK

• Total voters
Hi,

First time I have a go at a rating on this forum.
Not sure if I interpret the "Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity" right.

Content: 8
Surround Mix: 4
Fidelity: 6
Overall score: 6

The disc itself has everything that one can ask for (especially the instrumental tracks).
The quality of the mix however is a real let down. I agree with @splinter7.
At first I thought my equipment was faulty; sound looks (sounds) distorted.
The album itself is not that bad, but I just cannot enjoy listening to it that much.
Marillion fan from the beginning and own most ,if not all, Blu-rays of the band.

I really hope they will revenge themselves on one of the coming Marillion Weekends and will bring out a solid surround mix, worthy of their music.

Hi,

First time I have a go at a rating on this forum.
Not sure if I interpret the "Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity" right.

Content: 8
Surround Mix: 4
Fidelity: 6
Overall score: 6

The disc itself has everything that one can ask for (especially the instrumental tracks).
The quality of the mix however is a real let down. I agree with @splinter7.
At first I thought my equipment was faulty; sound looks (sounds) distorted.
The album itself is not that bad, but I just cannot enjoy listening to it that much.
Marillion fan from the beginning and own most ,if not all, Blu-rays of the band.

I really hope they will revenge themselves on one of the coming Marillion Weekends and will bring out a solid surround mix, worthy of their music.
I find if I turn up the rears 4 or 5db’s it makes a hell of a difference, please don’t give up on a great album so quickly, like most prog rock it is a grower

I revisited An Hour before it’s Dark today as for a long time I was very disappointed in the 5.1 surround mix at the time. I have loved all of the deluxe 5.1 remixes of Marillion but the band surround mixes are all over the place in quality. After Steven W. Tayler Holidays in Eden surround mix, the Fugazi 5.1 mix and the Steven Wilson 5.1 remixes which were all great - why Marillion would want to release a surround mix as this on AHBID is confusing.
The music on AHBID deserved a better surround mix IMO. The 5.1 mix is way too conservative. Too bad for the 5.1 surround mix as the music is up to the usual Marillion quality IMO.
Does anyone know who is going to do the 5.1 surround mix for Season’s End?

Back