HiRez Poll Hackett, Steve - THE CIRCUS AND THE NIGHTWHALE [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Steve Hackett - THE CIRCUS AND THE NIGHTWHALE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this brand new album from Steve Hackett entitled "The Circus and the Nighwhale", mixed in 5.1 surround and available on Blu-Ray Audio.

(y):)(n)

91yHhoSFIzL._SL1500_.jpg

81f+JBhLHfL._SL1500_.jpg

71SDKcWyaKL._SL1500_.jpg

A very satisfying album and mix.

Nice artwork too. I can't quite work out the concept narrative, but that's OK, I'm not in it for that. Apparently it's following Steve's 'adventures through life'. If the Taking You Down lyrics are anything to go by, then goodness, there were some hair-raising moments in Steve's life. Glad he's got through them OK. To me, he has always come across as a very decent bloke. Actually some of the imagery took me back to Lamb Lies, summoning up Rael's adventures. E.g. Enter the Ring and Get Me Out! And subterranean-like images set alongside some of the songs.

This album is a grower, every time I hear it I seem to enjoy it more. And this one and his last are probably my favourites of his current solo stuff. Highly enjoyable.

Nine (I'm trying not to give everything a 10, just because I enjoy it).

Last edited:
This is a really good album. Prog is definitely alive and well in Steve's hands. I can tell this album is going to get better the more I listen to it. The surround mix is really good too. Nice separation and some neat panning going on. I give it a 9

Latest posts

Back