Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I vote a 10 on this one. I love the style of the music and I'd say I know about half of the songs, which I really like and they are very enjoyable in this format. Fidelity and mix are both excellent. I will play this one every once in a while...in other words, it will NOT collect dust. Keep bringing it Vocalion. These are just wonderful gems in my opinion and very fun to listen to. :)

Simon A

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I grew up with Mauriat's music as my Mom had a 2 LP comp and his music was in regular rotation on the radio in our area. This disc offers the same great sound as all other Quad SACD release from Dutton/Vocalion. The only thing I'm less keen on here is the choice of material. I find that there is more filler here than other album of the genre from that period. There are a few gems though. My favourite track is the superb cover of The Moody Blues' Melancholy Man.

John Svensson

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Great, I vote a 9...the two title tunes you would swear you had heard as 1960's French movie soundtrack themes. Yes, I love those compared to the skull shattering movie experience of today.

jaybird100

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I've been a fan of Paul Mauriat's music since "Love Is Blue", and now, finally hearing his orchestra in lush, vibrant quad is a real treat. I want as much as Dutton Vocalion can give us!